PDA

View Full Version : Cam selection help

xaza
August 26th, 2013, 10:41 PM
Due to some recent talks with the engine builder for my XJ it has come to my attention that I messed up ordering motor and did not get the mild cam upgrade. I am a dummy when it comes to cams and am wondering what others with the Jeep 4.0 have used and what their experiences have been. I am already having issues with overheating (possibly gear/tire combination) and don't want to go too hot with cam but want a little more ooomph.

Popsgarage
August 27th, 2013, 12:17 AM
I'll shoot my buddy a text. He's gonna do that for his and he's planning to keep it kinda mild but still gain some over stock.

colozj93
August 27th, 2013, 12:10 PM
If you call pro comp cams they ask a slew of questions and give great suggestions that's how I got the one for my grand Cherokee. They can even let you know the durration and lift they sudgest if you want to go to another place

Jim
August 27th, 2013, 07:08 PM
call pro comp cams

Does their web site have a cam selector program?

xaza
August 27th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Yeah I know the major cam companies will give their input and suggestions. I am just hoping to get a little more personalized comparisons. If we can dig out the cam specs for brothers motor will try to match his since we have been trying to build our trucks basically the same.

colozj93
August 27th, 2013, 11:36 PM
I don't think so but the call goes fast