PDA

View Full Version : My Jeep is hotter than yours!

Java
August 30th, 2013, 08:30 AM
and it sucks. I have ton of hot air coming in through the console / shifters, it's cooking my leg while I drive. I've been tolerating it but thinking about the drive to Moab with it got me googling- apparently it's caused by a torn shift boot? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/center-console-heating-up-1082533/ has anyone had this happen? I'm going to dig in this weekend on it, wondering if anyone has a similar experience?

JFjeld
August 30th, 2013, 08:39 AM
I get a LOT of heat build up, but mine is in the engine bay and pretty much due to the 4-cylinder which is under-powered. My tunnel stays pretty cool, and I have an auto so no shift boot issues. I just removed my a/c condenser (not needed, I converted to OBA) from in front of my radiator to promote air flow to the radiator, and I just received yesterday my hood louver from Poison Spyder. Don't think that would help you, though, since your issue is in the trans area.

Do you still have the carpet in your Jeep? It absorbs/reflects the heat around the trans tunnel.

94ToyBear
August 30th, 2013, 10:53 AM
I tied a sock around my shifter to keep the hot air from burning me lol... worrked for awhile haha

Hypoid
August 30th, 2013, 06:56 PM
My F-100 used to pump hot air and fumes without the boot screwed down tight. It also came with some foam under the boot, now I know why.