PDA

View Full Version : Winch Solenoid Box

Patrolman
October 11th, 2013, 01:26 PM
I was looking to build my own solenoid box under the hood of my 4Runner since the original one died. I found this link where someone is building a submarine, yes a submarine, and needed to build their own winch box. Interesting info!

http://www.submarineboat.com/wiring.htm

JFjeld
October 11th, 2013, 03:36 PM
FYI - I've got a solenoid box you can have from my Smittybilt X20-8 winch. I had an issue where it would no longer spool out; would just spool in and free spool. It was under warranty so they just sent me a brand new one. It may have just been a ground issue. You're more than welcome to just have this one; its got all of the cables and everything; either re-use some of the parts or just take it for the housing. PM me if interested.

Patrolman
October 12th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks to JFjeld for the winch box. Will post how it turns out!

JFjeld
October 14th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Glad you could use it; was just sitting in the garage taking up space. Look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Patrolman
October 14th, 2013, 07:23 PM
I hooked it up to my MileMarker winch and it worked great! Unsure what had been wrong with it. I tested a few things, no problems. I even modified it by moving some of the cables so it is under the hood now. Will take some pics when done and post when I get a chance.