PDA

View Full Version : May need a garage in Denver tonight

ctracy5
October 14th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Hey guys I'm in a situation :frown:

i am at the autozone on speers west of 25. Got my brand new battery charging because it's keeps dying when I turn the car off. The batt test fine so we are thinking it's the voltage regulator in the alternator. If I need to replace it I will need to go to the AZ on federal to grab on. The car "drives" but only so we'll once it is started. Anyone in the area got a garage, jack and stands I can use tonight to change it out? Otherwise I will be buying some and doing it in the parking lot which is manageable I just don't want to buy something I have at home.

ctracy5
October 14th, 2013, 05:06 PM
My number is 970 402 6492 if anyone can help

Jim
October 14th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Can you disconnect the cable from the battery (or other end) to keep a discharge situation from happening when the vehicle's off?

ctracy5
October 14th, 2013, 05:24 PM
It rains the battery as it is driving but the alternator keeps it running but the low voltage makes ECM do some odd things, my tach jumps all over the place.

ExplorerTom
October 14th, 2013, 07:22 PM
I'm in highlands ranch (20 minutes south) but you can use mine. I have all the tools.

94ToyBear
October 14th, 2013, 09:46 PM
He got it done. On his way home.

ctracy5
October 14th, 2013, 10:43 PM
I'm home safe and the car ran greats thanks for all the help

Jim
October 14th, 2013, 10:59 PM
What is the verdict? Alternator go out?

ctracy5
October 15th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Once we got a battery we could test and a test that worked it was the volt regulator, so we put a new one in, oddly enough it has a Mitsubishi symbol stamped on the back, and everything is working fine. Started right up this morning and got me to school.

Good thing we looked at the alternator anyways because who ever did it last never put the large mounting bolt back in. The old one was only being held in place by the tensioning bolt.

Jackie
October 15th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Glad for the happy ending!