PDA

View Full Version : tube bender wanted

94ToyBear
October 21st, 2013, 06:47 PM
Anyone know of a tube bender that's for sale ? I would like to buy one that's ran by air or hydro. And not sold by harbor fright

ccbruin
October 21st, 2013, 08:36 PM
Theres one for sale over on CO4x4

94ToyBear
October 21st, 2013, 08:49 PM
I looked but couldn't find it

Patrolman
October 21st, 2013, 09:32 PM
Here is one on CL. No affiliation:

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/tls/4103891441.html

and a new one from a dealer, probably out of state:

http://denver.craigslist.org/tld/4062756049.html

ccbruin
October 21st, 2013, 10:07 PM
My bad brotha. I swear I saw it still there earlier today.

Anyway, I have the JD2 Model 3. Tell them your looking at the protools bender and JD@ will give you a coupon code. So I got mine pretty cheap. And its upgrade able to hydraulic. When I was looking for one most people said to stay with JD2 or Protools for the entry level benders.

94ToyBear
October 21st, 2013, 10:34 PM
When I went to wyotech I think the one I built is a verision of the JD. does mine look familiar to you ?? I've been told the dies for this bender was discontinued and can't buy them anymore and I forgot any info I needed to look for the right die...on top of that I can't find much info on the web to find one..... I'd be nice to just buy the die and use what I put my hard work to.

94ToyBear
October 21st, 2013, 10:35 PM
Dam it went side ways

ccbruin
October 21st, 2013, 10:54 PM
It looks pretty similar. But that handle part is different. I have a die set you could see if it fits?

94ToyBear
October 22nd, 2013, 06:23 AM
Sweet man ! That would be cool if I can match it up.... if anything I canbout line yours and maybe build my own die. When do you have free time I can come check your dies out ? Are you going on the clean up run ?

94ToyBear
October 24th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Planing on building my own die. Picked up the steel today... about 2 1/2 feet of 1 1/4 x 6. 70 LBS!! Couldn't find anything thinker so ill to stack them

Maybe I can build a few with them

94ToyBear
October 24th, 2013, 05:21 PM
It looks pretty similar. But that handle part is different. I have a die set you could see if it fits?

Any chance I can come by this weekend and take a look at your set.... I don't think ill need to take it and much rather not cuz I'm straped for time allways. But I can bring my bender there and see what I need to do to build my own

ccbruin
October 27th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Hey sorry man Ive been crazy busy. Ill shoot you a PM

94ToyBear
March 24th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Still on the hunt for that bender!

Haku
March 24th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

That looks a lot like a JD2 model 3 to me, but its hard to tell. The model 3 has smaller pins compared to the The main thing you have to worry about is th size of the pins (whether they will fit snuggly in the die) and where the follower die lines up with the main die.

I have a JD2 model 3 as well, so you can look at it and check out the die I have when you come look at the Ranger Race Truck if you want. CWS also has a JD2 Model 32, but it only has a 1.25" die, but you can look at that too. Bring your bender parts down and we can compare them and see.

Check out OffroadFabNet.com for some writeups on how to build the dies and what it takes. I'm sure even with contour stacking it will still take some mill work and machining knowledge to make one that really works well. From reading I've done, the key to kink free tubing (or at least minimal kink) is the follower die and it keeping tension on the tube as it is bent.