PDA

View Full Version : Great start to the weekend

Tom
October 26th, 2013, 11:12 AM
What a great start to the weekend.

Been dreading a plumbing chore replacing the humidifier saddle valve with a real shutoff valve. Had to drain the entire house and part of the water heater, sweat 3 copper joints, and have two compression fittings all not leak.

Water heater is 20 years old, and I haven't flushed it for fear that the valve would fail. Needless to say this job could have turned into a nightmare. It didn't. 20 minutes start to finish including clean up. Woohoo!!!!!!!--

First in line for an oil change this morning too which was accomplished and back home by 9:15 AM.

Leaves now mulched again and Jeep cleaned/vac'd from Moab last weekend.

One last chore for remaining. Wait for my perm air filter to dry from its cleaning earlier today. Oil it and reinstall in the Wrangler.

I'd say its time for a beer, or two or three.
:woot::2thumbup::cheers:

Jackie
October 26th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Damn! I wish I could say the same... or even remotely equivalent... good Day, sir!

Chris
October 26th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Geez Tom, if I got that all done in a week I'd be happy!

CS79bronco
October 26th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Me too, Chris. Just think back, when we had to get things like that done on the weekends.

Chris
October 26th, 2013, 09:37 PM
:lmao: Yeah Charles, I remember those days too. Swapping motors before lunch, working 8 hours then going out partying.

Those days are long gone. :brody:

The StRanger
October 26th, 2013, 09:46 PM
:lmao: Yeah Charles, I remember those days too. Swapping motors before lunch, working 8 hours then going out partying.

Those days are long gone. :brody:

I call that "the 70s"

Jim
October 27th, 2013, 09:27 AM
A somewhat tongue-in-cheek realistic view of then and now...

When swapping a motor involved
- 1 fuel line
- 1 Accelerator cable connection
- 2 radiator hose connections
- 4 electrical cable connections
- 4 trans bolts
- 2 motor mount bolts
- 2 engine hoist bolts and LIFT

Now, it's 10,000 sensor & actuator wires, requiring a contortionists moves to get at many of them. Two motor mount bolts, that can be seen, one of which is able to be removed without removing all of the motor's "accessory drive" system with it's 15 bolts, plus the two motor mount bolts that you knew were under there somewhere... Oh, but the plus is that one accelerator cable is no longer - it's wrapped up in the 10,000 sensor & actuator wires. But hey, we've moved from 15 mpg to 25 mpg...

CS79bronco
October 27th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Yup, first one I pulled was a '50 Mercury flathead V8 with 3 on the tree. Not much to it.

The StRanger
October 27th, 2013, 10:32 PM
You forgot. Pull the intake manifold to mount the engine specific mounting plate !!!

The StRanger
October 27th, 2013, 10:33 PM
And we used to pull the rods in the back alley and pull the engine in the dark under a big tree branch !!!

Chris
October 28th, 2013, 10:15 AM
The good old days when things were so much easier and we were young. Reminds me of having to get a new motor in my '57 Chevy before a big date. Had my mother handle lowering the motor while I did the rest...

Java
October 28th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Hope you bought some scratch-offs that day Tom, sounds like it was a lucky one for you. :thumb: