PDA

View Full Version : Opinion please

Tom
November 25th, 2013, 06:33 PM
So I ordered a set of Rugged Ridge side armor from Amazon Warehouse Deals. http://www.amazon.com/Rugged-Ridge-11504-21-Textured-Black/dp/B0011LGONO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385429034&sr=8-1&keywords=11504.21

These are designed to mount via the body mount bolts throught frame. I got em delivered for $120 as used very good condition, but they aren't these. I've sent pics to RR trying to figure out what they are.

What I received mount the same as the OEm Rubicon Rails mount (under side of body plus pinch seams). See pics.

What are your thoughts. These will fit my JK. If I send em back I'll pay over $200 more for the real deal. What would you do.

Patrolman
November 25th, 2013, 06:49 PM
If they aren't what you ordered, I believe you can file some sort of dispute. If they are truly wrong, seller should pay for return shipping. You didn't make the error.

Another thought would be to sell them, and use the proceeds to buy what you want. I bet you could sell locally on CL for as much or more than you paid.

Dutch
November 25th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Sell them and don't even think of running that junk on your Jeep. Thin wall tubing and easy to snag on rocks. The stock rubicon rails are actually pretty stout, I'm keeping mine until they prove otherwise. I've hit them plenty thus far though with no issues. If I were to replace them TNT Customs, Poly Performance, GenRight, or VKS Fab are getting my money.

Tom
November 26th, 2013, 04:44 PM
I had inquired of Rugged Ridge if these were the correct item and having informed them that I purchased them via Amazon Warehouse Deals. They said they were wrong and that they were sending replacements along with a prepaid return label.

They asked for a copy of my receipt which I've provided. Crossing my fingers till I get a tracking number. If they follow thru this will be the best customer service ever.

Patrolman
November 26th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Sounds like they are making things right. At least you can say that for them.