PDA

View Full Version : My XJ 2.8 is no more

Tazer
December 9th, 2013, 11:25 AM
I sucessfully converted my 84 XJ to a 3.4L this month. It took a while, but with the help from http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Project_XJ/Project_XJ.htm i was able to do it. I major thanks to Havana Machine shop for netural balancing my flywheel.

She ran yesterday for about two minutes, so im still trying to get her to stay running for longer than a few seconds. I think the engine is dirty and cold. So hopefully i will be on the tails this year. If you need help with your conversation let me know.

Jim
December 9th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Congratulations!

Any thoughts as to the short running issues? Fuel delivery?

Tazer
December 9th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Congratulations!

Any thoughts as to the short running issues? Fuel delivery?

No, i am stumped. I believe the fuel pump is good, i can hear it running, and i have checked the lines to the carb, and fuel is pulsing. I know the timing is semi correct, due to a issue before. I did not set time correctly and she didn’t run at all. So once i set TDC and the distributor correctly she did fire, but now i have this issue. I do know my battery is dead, and i need to charge it, i was jumping the jeep off my truck until the freezing weather killed my truck battery. I think it may have to do with the cold, and perhaps the engine not running for a few years. Either way, it’s a problem I am working to solve. I may require some assistance.

Hypoid
December 10th, 2013, 03:01 AM
Congrats!

Tazer
December 14th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Great news got her running today. Turns out it was the battery..
. It was bad. Put in a new one, and she fired right up.

Jim
December 14th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Great!