PDA

View Full Version : Firestone lifetime alignment -- 4x4 friendly shop?

cfr
December 20th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Anyone have a experience (positive/negative) with the Firestone lifetime alignment? Seems like a good deal.

I heard from someone that the Firstone on Huron got a new alignment machine.

Any positive experience with a 4x4 friendly alignment shop with the patience to work with fully adjustable control arms, dialing in drivability on JKs, etc? Preferably in the Boulder/Longmont area.

-Charles

xaza
December 20th, 2013, 05:59 PM
firestone does not offer lifetime alignment on modified vehicles. Have had some luck with a couple Big O Tire shops. They give you a printout that shows before and after.

BLUE THUNDER
December 20th, 2013, 08:13 PM
I have the Lifetime alignment on my FJC. paid 120 bucks for it in 2008. I know they are more now. have very good luck so far. had 7-8 alignments. I go to the one at Parker rd. and Peoria. They have no problem doing a alignment with a 3 in. lift and 33 tires on a FJC anyways.

The StRanger
December 20th, 2013, 08:58 PM
When I was doing those, I was written " If there was worn part & you didnt let us replace them, we could revoke you warr"
So almost every lifetime warr that came in needed parts !!
Win Win..

dscowell
December 20th, 2013, 09:17 PM
There's johns 4x4 off Arapahoe and I pretty sure there is one in Longmont don't know how good it is put I would assume they have experience with modified vehicles sense they install lots of after market parts.

Java
December 21st, 2013, 07:32 PM
I have that, I use the one on 44th just west of Sheridan. I bought it rightafter I went to 33s, I've used it 4 times. The guy who did it there the last couple of times has a TJ Rubicon on 35s.

The StRanger
December 22nd, 2013, 12:39 AM
If you have a good honest aligment tech "" keep him ""
They are damn hard to find !!

teamhypoxia
December 23rd, 2013, 08:41 PM
I went the the one in Longmont after I first installed my lift. Got the lifetime alignment.
I went back after installing the bumper and winch and the necessary heavier springs. When I went back in it had only been a few months and they acted surprised that I was coming in again already. They asked if it was driving poorly and I just said "No, I just had to install new springs on the coilovers". They aligned it, improved the numbers,(it wasn't actually too bad even though I had to loosen the alignment cams to install the springs) and I was on my way. I'll probably go back in whenever I get new tires.

alexb
December 28th, 2013, 10:56 PM
I went the the one in Longmont after I first installed my lift. Got the lifetime alignment.

How much was the lifetime alignment in Longmont?

xaza
December 29th, 2013, 06:07 AM
I never even tried another Firestone to get the Lifetime Alignment. Guess I should look into that. Seems like every couple months I change something and need an alignment.