PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Tool Company group buy

Brad
January 22nd, 2014, 06:28 AM
I am planning on getting about 4 items from these guys and asked if there was a way to get a discount. Got a message back stating I could get wholesale pricing on 15 or more products so I thought I would see if anyone else is interested.

Colorado company, specialize in tool storage and tarps. I heard about them in petersens 4 wheel and from the little feedback I could find they have some great products. I personally like the shop roll as a tool solution. I am guessing they are talking about main products and not a bunch of t shirts and stickers.

http://adventuretoolcompany.com

i am looking to place a order in 2 weeks and can handle sending the orders and collecting money, I have a paypal account or can meet up to collect cash. I will also help distribute any product.

Brad:
1 shop roll, 1 large tool bag(screw drivers), 1 medium tool bag(misc crap), 1 large tarp, 1 XL tshirt, 4 stickers, 1 blanket
Popsgarage:
1 blanket, 1 large tarp, 1 medium tarp, 1 small tool bag, 2 stickers
Adventureready:
1 large tarp, 1 large tool bag (misc crap), 1 medium tarp, 2 stickers
Ctracy5:
1 large tarp, 1 sticker
Colojeeper:
1 large tool bag(misc crap), 1 medium tool bag(misc crap), 1 blanket
Gary G:
1 Large Tarp, 2 large tool pouches (Misc Crap), 1 Wool Camp Blanket

# of qualifying items: 21

ctracy5
January 22nd, 2014, 10:05 AM
For the right price I would be interested in a tarp and that blanket. Keep me posted if you can work anything out.

Brad
January 22nd, 2014, 11:46 AM
From Paul and Amy:

Adventure Tool Company 7:24am Jan 22
Sounds fantastic! We would love to work with you on the group buy. We would be happy to meet you in person. (We are based in Nederland.) And we would love to see your 4WD.

If you let us know what you need, we can then give you pricing. (If the quantity is markedly more than 15 pieces, we can give you a better price than for 15 pieces.) Also, if you pay in cash when we meet, rather than by credit card, we can add a little further discount. T-Shirts can indeed be a portion of the 15 pieces (but not the stickers.)

If and when you are ready to order, simply contact us by e-mail (AdventureToolCompany@yahoo.com) with an order list, rather than doing so on our website. We can then give you pricing for that particular order, and arrange for pickup.

Thank you again for your interest in our company. We greatly appreciate the support of our fellow Coloradans!! Our best to you-

Paul and Amy

I will see if I can get the actual pricing.

Popsgarage
January 22nd, 2014, 08:56 PM
For the right price I would be interested in a tarp and that blanket. Keep me posted if you can work anything out.

I'd agree. Blanket, large tarp, medium tarp and a small tool bag would be pretty nice!

AdventureReady
January 23rd, 2014, 08:39 AM
I'll take a large tarp for sure. I need to measure my tool box to see if any of the pouches or rolls fit. If they get in any more mediums, I'll take a shirt too.
EDIT: and a sticker, haha.

Brad
January 23rd, 2014, 12:50 PM
Pricing is not that great of a deal IMO.

A 10% discount per item for each of 15 items. And potentially a greater percentage, given the total size (quantity of the order markedly above and beyond 15) and/or total cost of the order (eg. a total order of, say, $1500 is going to get you a greater percentage discount that an order of $1000). Hope this helps!!

i am still getting my stuff which comes in around $200, regardless of the group buy.. We need to give them a final order to get the actual percentage they will give us off. So what I would need is a firm commitment from those interested if we are going to go through with this.

ctracy5
January 23rd, 2014, 01:17 PM
Thought I already posted again but I guess it didn't take. Mark me down from a large tarp and a blanket if it happens. I like the tool pouches but all my stuff is in blow molded cases so hard to justify $80 for that.

How would they like payment? PayPal, cards, etc.

Order:
Chris Tracy
1 large tarp
1 Blanket

Brad
January 23rd, 2014, 06:39 PM
Payment can be done through my paypal account. Then I will make one large payment, I have a paypal visa. I can also deliver the goods.

ctracy5
January 23rd, 2014, 07:50 PM
alright, I have paypal as well so that should be easy, let me know whats going on and how much.

Popsgarage
January 23rd, 2014, 09:10 PM
I'd agree. Blanket, large tarp, medium tarp and a small tool bag would be pretty nice!

And add two stickers! When you get the order ready, you gonna let us know what we owe ya so we can PayPal ya????????

Brad
January 23rd, 2014, 10:20 PM
Of course!
I will also edit the initial post with orders and totals by screen name. If your ordering a pouch you get a free name tape, please peruse their site and let me know which name tape you want. :thumb:

Tshirts count too! I may add a blanket as well.

ColoJeeper
January 24th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Brad I will commit to a medium and a large tool bag, and maybe more if we can confirm sale prices for other items. I'll add a blanket to my list as well, and the "Misc Crap" tags strike my fancy so will take one with each bag.

Brad
January 24th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Sounds good Don! I am going to run this until feb 3rd then get a final discount from ATC. If there is more than the 10% i will post it immediately in case anyone wants to add to their list. Plan on going up to pick up the order either Friday February 7 or Monday February 10.

Don't forget if you are ordering a tool pouch it includes 1 ID tape! Please let me know which one(s) you want. You can order more than one at 3.99 per tape but it does not count towards the qualifying item total.

Popsgarage
January 24th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Didn't realize it came with a free name tag with a tool pouch. How 'bout Betty? That's what the wife named her Blazer.

Brad
January 24th, 2014, 10:45 PM
You have to choose 1 of the 15 pre made ones, they are listed on the site.

Popsgarage
January 25th, 2014, 07:13 PM
1 of the 15 pre made ones

Gotcha. Misc. Crap it is.

GaryG
January 26th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Hey Brad,

Put me down for...
1 Large Tarp
2 large tool pouches (Misc Crap)
1 Wool Camp Blanket

Thanks

Brad
January 26th, 2014, 02:29 PM
You got it Gary! :thumb:

Brad
January 27th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Was sent a message this morning that they added a new item! The tow strap throw bag.
http://adventuretoolcompany.com/product/3-tow-strap-throw-bag

ctracy5
January 27th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Oh that is tempting. I will need to see what I owe before I make a decision on that.

Brad
January 27th, 2014, 06:05 PM
I would have gotten one but I just bought the ARB recovery bag so I could make room in the back of the Disco for my fridge freezer and 2 adventure trailer drawers.

Brad
February 1st, 2014, 12:49 PM
Just a reminder this will close Monday night. I will send the list to ATC for final pricing! I would like to collect all funds by Friday Feb 7th as I am planning on picking up the gear Mon the 10th. :thumb:

Popsgarage
February 1st, 2014, 02:19 PM
Cool!

ctracy5
February 1st, 2014, 08:20 PM
Sweet keep me posted

AdventureReady
February 3rd, 2014, 10:04 AM
Crap, been busy all weekend, sorry for getting this in late.

1x Large Tool Pouch (Misc Crap)
1x Medium Tarp
1x Large Tarp
2x Stickers
1x Medium T-Shirt (if available)

Thanks again!

Brad
February 3rd, 2014, 08:01 PM
This group buy is officially closed!

Thanks to everyone who is participating! I am sending the order into ATC for final pricing! I will PM everyone their final cost. I would like to get everyone's money by next Sunday as I am picking up the order Monday. I will deliver everyone's products directly once we arrange a good meeting time or you give me a good drop off location, hoping to only make 1 trip to Ft. Collins.

My Paypal address is venaux@gmail.com
i have a Paypal Visa so will be charging this directly from my paypal account.

Brad
February 3rd, 2014, 08:02 PM
Oh! I did ask Patrick, no med shirts, I apologize.

AdventureReady
February 4th, 2014, 09:48 AM
Oh well. Thanks for asking!

Brad
February 4th, 2014, 05:02 PM
I am unable to place the order until Jonathan gives me his tool pouch name tags.

xaza
February 4th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Gotcha. Misc. Crap it is.

I think he did

Brad
February 4th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Got it Jonathan. Order has been placed. Waiting to hear back from ATC.

ColoJeeper
February 5th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Got your pm, payment sent. Thanks Brad

AdventureReady
February 5th, 2014, 11:37 PM
Sent payment last night. Thanks!

Brad
February 6th, 2014, 06:24 AM
I've got everyone's payment, adding mine today. Scheduled pick up Monday late morning with Paul and Amy (owners of ATC) in Nederland. I will confirm I have everything then PM everyone individually to arrange drop off times. Will most likely try to get to ft Collins a week from Sat if Patrick and Chris are available.

ctracy5
February 6th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Sounds good just let me know what works for you

GaryG
February 6th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Got your PM, sent payment. Thanks again Brad

AdventureReady
February 6th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Brad, do you think you will drive through Boulder on your way back? If so I can give you my phone number and we can meet somewhere and I can pick up my stuff.

Popsgarage
February 6th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Just let me know what works for you Brad.

Brad
February 6th, 2014, 08:17 PM
For some reason I thought you were in ft. Collins Patrick. Of course I can run through boulder on the way back. Makes getting back to golden easier! ;)

AdventureReady
February 7th, 2014, 08:37 PM
Oh, haha. What time will you be making your way up to Nederland on Monday?

Brad
February 7th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Late morning, but as I rarely get a weekday off I have the whole day packed with errands.

AdventureReady
February 8th, 2014, 10:56 AM
I might have to pick it up from you later. I have class from 11-2 during the day.

Brad
February 10th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Paid for and picked up! Paul and Amy are 2 of the nicest people you would meet. Very happy I went up to meet them in person. They packaged everyone's order separately exactly as if you were to receive it in the mail. I will be PMing everyone tonight when I get off work to figure out delivery.

GaryG
February 10th, 2014, 04:46 PM
That's pretty cool

Popsgarage
February 10th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Cool!

Brad
February 11th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Please resend any private messages. My inbox was full. My apologies.

Popsgarage
February 12th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the delivery Brad!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

Brad
February 12th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Your welcome! Hoping to take care of Chris and Patrick on sat.

ctracy5
February 12th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Did you get my pm?

Brad
February 12th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Yes. As of right now we will be up there about 10 am and hoping to run through boulder on the way back down to see Patrick and finish the deliveries.

even though you have all thanked me I owe you all a bigger thanks. I bought the most stuff and thus saved some $$$ because of all of you.

I would also like to add, after touching the product first hand, pretty incredible workmanship. I intend to buy more.

ColoJeeper
February 13th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Thanks for setting this up, I like the stuff I got as well and will probably make another purchase later.

GaryG
February 13th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Thanks again for setting this up Brad, the smell of the canvas brought back some childhood camping memories.