PDA

View Full Version : Sevenmile CReek is Closed

WW2AVG
February 7th, 2014, 07:52 PM
There was some discussion on another thread about Sevenmile Creek. I checked it out today. The sign and tape that was up shortly after the floods is gone. There are a few pieces of the "crime scene tape" left, but that's about it. However, about 200 yards up the trail you pass a power sub-station and right after that there's a gate that is closed.

Patrolman
February 7th, 2014, 07:54 PM
Just to be closed seasonally? That wouldn't be unheard of.

WW2AVG
February 7th, 2014, 08:02 PM
I don't know if it is a seasonal thing or not. The book by Wells says it is closed from April 16 to June 14th (seems curious). I guess I could have driven up to the gate and see if it says anything. The main point though was that some folks on another thread were wondering if it was open. I'm just confirming that it is not!

Patrolman
February 7th, 2014, 08:06 PM
I would bet it has something to do with a breeding/birthing area. There are several trails where that is the case, so they are closed for odd times, or later into the season that you may have suspected. I guess it is a fair enough trade off for having the trails open the rest of the season.

ctracy5
February 22nd, 2014, 12:10 AM
Hoping they get this thing open, I was talking to some of the Member of the club that adopt Sevenmile at work the other day, can't recall the name of the group now, and they were saying they can't get any info on it, funny thing is I have heard from them and several other people who come in that they ran Sevenmile the week after the floods and said it had almost no damage. The road didn't close until almost a month after the flooding.

redneck23ms
February 22nd, 2014, 07:38 AM
The mountaineers is the club that adopts sevenmile

ctracy5
February 22nd, 2014, 12:00 PM
Yup, they are regulars and their daughters are friends with a co-worker, his name is Bob.