PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Pacific Northwest

NWOverland
February 13th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Hello, Front Rangers.

Dan here from the Seattle area. I run a website called Northwest Overland. We have members from all over North America and beyond. I have been leading trips into the Cascade Mountains and Oregon desert for 7+ years. We have a few members in the Great Divide region that introduced me to your forum.

Hoping to combine efforts in putting together an epic trip with participants from both NWOL and Front Range.
Thanks for the add!

Dan

dscowell
February 13th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Welcome! Sweet land rover

Jackie
February 13th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Welcome Dan. I think you might find some interest here. Good luck - sounds like fun!:thumb:

NWOverland
February 13th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Thanks! I will be checking in daily. In the meantime, back to planning trips!

Dan

Brad
February 13th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Welcome Dan!

The StRanger
February 13th, 2014, 12:43 PM
Welcome to the dark side
We have cookies !!
Love the NW. Got family in Renton & Spokane.
Now if wasn't so dang far to drive !!

Brucker
February 13th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Welcome

Jim
February 13th, 2014, 04:04 PM
A note from the admin...

I considered sending this in a PM to Dan, but figured everyone else could benefit.

I saw Dan's membership come through and saw things as "not living on the front range". In general, a denial of membership would have taken place. I also know of the Overlanding thread (http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?20722-Newly-organized-Overlanding-group-in-CO) that's rolling along so I gave it a second thought. Dan's membership dosn't fit under our membership categories, but with the thread that's rolling along, I gave a nod and approved the request.

Overall, I envision that Dan may well enjoy talking about the overlanding / expedition concepts, and we may as well benefit. Though, he has forum(s) himself so why wouldn't folks who are interested in the topic join the forum(s) that focus on that topic. [EDIT: this comment could be taken as a slam to those who have posted in the overlanding thread - my comment has no such intention. Rather, different forums exist for their own purposes - that is my intent.]

While I (We!) sit back and see how things progress...

Dan, I warmly welcome you to the forum. The above might seem contrary to a welcome, I do welcome you. A fundamental of the group is living in the front range of Colorado. A reason for that is we're a group that gets together, shakes hands, and wheels on local trails. Folks out of the area, reasonably, won't/can't be joining in on a routine basis, thus the disconnect.

:steer:

Welcome to the group!

Tom
February 13th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Welcome Dan.

Brad
February 13th, 2014, 04:31 PM
That's why I joined his forum! Thanks for the clarification Jim!

Funrover
February 13th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the group!! That is one beautiful set up you have there! Curious what you have done to the inside!

NWOverland
February 13th, 2014, 04:56 PM
All,

I do appreciate the warm welcome. I am a member of the Arizona Land Rover Owners, Expedition Portal, American Adventurist and many others. Including, my own, Northwest Overland. My purpose for joining this group is for cross-pollenating ideas, education, enthusiasm and collaboration. I have a few friends that live on the Front Range and there are so many trails I want to take this year in Colorado (Alpine Loop up to Engineer Pass, Argentine Pass and many more) and I dig hearing and sharing first hand accounts from the members.

I also want to be a resource for you all as well. We have led and traversed many overland trails in the PNW that believe it or not, have Colorado residents as a majority of our visitors. So, I see it working out for both groups.
We also assist in coordinating the Northwest Overland Rallies and Workshops with Overland International. Many folks from the Front Range have come out to attend in years past. So, again I see that there is a great opportunity to share
like experiences with like minded humans, such as yourselves.

I hope to make this a fun stay and many thanks, again!

Dan

NWOverland
February 13th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Welcome to the group!! That is one beautiful set up you have there! Curious what you have done to the inside!

I will dig up a few pics. The main things, really, was a new headliner in black. Love how it came out.

Dan

ExplorerTom
February 13th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Welcome Dan!

i plan on attending the meeting on the upcoming Tuesday in downtown to find out what you guys are all about.

Last summer I put together a fun 2 day trip that went up Mt Bross, Mosquito Pass, Halfmoon Creek and Weston Pass. I have another trip put together for early June around the Great Sand Dunes National Park that will probably be a 3 day trip. I am interested in doing many others but haven't got past the concept stage for any other trips just yet.

Shane
February 13th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Welcome

ctracy5
February 13th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Welcome, we will have to talk as I will be moving back to the PNW and have no idea about wheeling up there.

Fordguy77
February 13th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Welcome

javaman34
February 13th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Welcome to Front Range.

zukrider
February 13th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Welcome Dan!

I posted the thread on the meet up for 2/25! saw the post in the 4corners on Expo. ill be there for certain. hoping to talk someone into opening their RTT for a looksy!

Great to have you here, as you pertain to my current form of desired outings! I have recently been obsessed with the episodes on www.Xoverland.com, especially the current trip to Alaska/Yukon! i really like the episode, "It barely makes sense" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAIUPl-L1ZY) on which they traverse the Morris Jeep trail in Wyoming. I am currently entertaining a like minded trip for 2015!

So again, welcome! Id like very much if you could start some info topics on long trip overlanding, and specifically detailing the finer things like restroom use, hygiene convenience, children in "remote areas", first aid, navigation, etc.... these are topics that i think even weekend warriors should benefit from, just in the name of knowledge!

Joe

xaza
February 13th, 2014, 10:09 PM
welcome

Hypoid
February 14th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Welcome Dan! I look forward to your contribution.

Some people view "wheeling" as a Motorsport, some see it as an opportunity to be outdoors. My bias is toward being outdoors, thus, "the journey is my destination." :)

NWOverland
February 14th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Welcome, we will have to talk as I will be moving back to the PNW and have no idea about wheeling up there.

Yep, anytime! I would be more than happy to help out there.

Dan

Rob
February 14th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Welcome.

southpaws3
February 14th, 2014, 10:11 PM
WELCOME !

We like to travel too. Couple yrs back we went to Canada and back. When traveling we use secondary roads. So far Canada-Mexico, Colorado-North Carolina-Georgia,

NWOverland
February 15th, 2014, 12:07 PM
We are going to take a tour on the Lolo Motorway in MT-ID. Looks like an easy, two day transit with good camping spots.

Dan

Rick
February 15th, 2014, 01:00 PM
welcome!!!

AdventureReady
February 15th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Welcome! I'm eager to hear what you have planned.

gm4x4lover
February 15th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Welcome. I think this is a very good thing to have. Kinda like a forum co-op. It would be nice to have the ability to check with other forums for wheelin spots and great places to see while on vacation.