PDA

View Full Version : where to go for installation?

Jpash
February 21st, 2014, 09:57 PM
I'm getting a lift but don't know who to bring it to for the installation. I live in highlands ranch. Who would you guys take my jeep to?

The StRanger
February 21st, 2014, 10:13 PM
High Country 4x4 Hampton of Santa Fe.
You can talk to Aaron at Bruker Brothers but I think he is WAY to backed up ..

ExplorerTom
February 21st, 2014, 10:19 PM
Josh at SFF Customs in Parker.

Haku
February 22nd, 2014, 05:16 AM
High Country isn't cheap, but its the place to go for Jeep work you can't or don't want to do yourself. They probably do a couple hundred of those installs a year (or at least close to 100).

There are also some vendors on the forum that could probably get your stuff done too, so its worth asking what they'll charge and see what their schedule looks like. Just don't go to 4wheelparts for it and look for some good references.

If you do want to do it yourself, its doable. If it involves swapping links/arms then it could be a long day or two of work your first time. I watched a guy struggle for 12 hours at the Club Workshop once on a 2012 unlimited Wrangler, and that was with a lift and all the CWS tools at his disposal. Its definitely something you can accomplish in your driveway/garage and with basic tools.

javaman34
February 22nd, 2014, 10:36 AM
I've delivered it High Country before. Good bunch of guys. Very professional ans knowledgable.

Brucker
February 23rd, 2014, 01:56 AM
You can talk to Aaron at Bruker Brothers but I think he is WAY to backed up ..

Thanks for the referral! Honestly means a lot!

We do provide installations on most lift kits out there. We also sell most kits (but not stock, usually 1 day out) as well. And we are always happy to help when we can.

Sam was also correct in saying that we are booked up solid for a while. We are an extremely busy small shop with limited space and manage to keep our schedule packed a month or two out.

If timing is not an issue, I would be happy to talk more with you in detail. My contact information is in my signature. Just click on one of the links.

94ToyBear
February 23rd, 2014, 08:43 AM
What year and model of wrangler do you have ?

southpaws3
February 25th, 2014, 08:56 PM
CALL MONSTER ROB HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP

Jpash
February 28th, 2014, 07:38 PM
Thanks guys. I have a 2009 with 285 70 17s on. I'm thinking a2.5 inch lift because of kids, I mean budget.

Jackie
February 28th, 2014, 07:57 PM
kids/budget... Yeah, I get it ...;)

Haku
February 28th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Thanks guys. I have a 2009 with 285 70 17s on. I'm thinking a2.5 inch lift because of kids, I mean budget.

I believe most of the 2.5 inch lifts are basically just coil spacers or longer coils for the modern JK/TJ's right? Should be doable in your driveway if that is the case with basic tools. This one is for Teraflex, but they all seem to have a similar install procedure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz-R5E-NPQg

They have theirs on a lift, but you can do the same in a garage or driveway and just lift the vehicle instead of drop the axle. All other procedures are the same. Set of sockets and wrenches, jack and jackstands, and a drill and you have what you need (and if you are going to be offroading are good things to have anyways).

Alternately, any of the people mentioned already should be able to bang that out for you pretty quick and for not too much money.

zukrider
February 28th, 2014, 09:30 PM
I can help if your ok with not a shop. Im a 12 year tech.

PM for deets if interested.

Fordguy77
March 1st, 2014, 07:09 AM
Could always take a few people up on their offers to help, and take it over to the DIY auto place so you can get it up on a lift and make it easier on yourself