PDA

View Full Version : Wanted-aluminum hawse fairlead

ILuvtheMountains
February 22nd, 2014, 10:41 PM
I just bought an arb front bumper for the Tacoma and have had a winch for almost a year. All I need is a fairlead (and some old man emu 886 springs) to get this thing mounted up. Anybody have one they want to sell? I will be using it on a wen m8000

C-Bo
February 23rd, 2014, 04:34 PM
I have one, some rock rash. But yours if you want... $15 Littleton

ILuvtheMountains
February 23rd, 2014, 04:44 PM
I appreciate it, but I just found out that with the new ARB bumper I bought has a recess too deep for the fairlead and the synth line I will be running will fray on the edges of the plate. I ordered polyurethane rollers for my roller fairlead instead.

Brucker
February 23rd, 2014, 05:39 PM
I appreciate it, but I just found out that with the new ARB bumper I bought has a recess too deep for the fairlead and the synth line I will be running will fray on the edges of the plate. I ordered polyurethane rollers for my roller fairlead instead.

Be careful with any rollers and a synthetic line. The line can easily get caught between them or to the side of one of the rollers and fray/tear. You can do it but you need to take extra precautions still. Just trying to warn that the poly rollers are not a solve all/end all solution.

IMHO, I would run a spacer between the bumper and a hawse fairlead if running the synthetic. There are also thicker fairleads out there. But that's just my $.02, take it for what it's worth.

ILuvtheMountains
February 23rd, 2014, 06:08 PM
I thought about that, but it would have had to be a 3-4" spacer behind a normal hawse fairlead. I got these in hopes of avoiding the catching of the line in the rollers. As long as I try to keep tension on it at it takes in the slack, I should be able to keep it from getting snagged unless I am winching at extreme angles.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001P2675O/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_26725410_item_ima ge#productDetails