PDA

View Full Version : lifted

SubAlpine
March 16th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Installed a 3 inch rough country(don't laugh) lift on my 4runner. I think it looks good, rides better too. Took longer than it should, mostly because I am a moron. Years of rust were also an issue.

1st is before,
2nd is after

xaza
March 16th, 2014, 04:01 PM
nice! :thumb:

ctracy5
March 16th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Looks great, you should be ready for a fun summer.

I was looking into rough contry for my buddy Matt and most of their stuff is pretty solid expect for the shocks. That is the only consistant complaint I get from guys who actually use Rough Country lifts.

Brad
March 16th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Lookin good! :thumb:

javaman34
March 16th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Nice. Want to do my Bronco?

Fordguy77
March 16th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Looks good

dscowell
March 16th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Nice! It's ok whenever I do something on my truck it takes twice as long then it should.

Chris
March 16th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Installed a 3 inch rough country(don't laugh) lift on my 4runner. I think it looks good, rides better too. Took longer than it should, mostly because I am a moron. Years of rust were also an issue.

Congrats on getting it done, I'm among the group that's so slow in getting anything done that I hardly ever try any more!

Looks good! :thumb:

The StRanger
March 16th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Very Very nice !!

SubAlpine
March 16th, 2014, 08:14 PM
yeah, I had to divide and conquer. Rear on Monday, front on Wednesday, and Thursday, and Friday....But the better half did remind me on Thursday night when I was down about my lack of wrenching prowess, that the runner is 12 years old, and snow does turn into water, and water turns metals into oxides. I will keep her. Jade (the mountain goat, my trucks name) got her first compliment less than 24 hours after install from a fellow Park Ranger, and Tacoma owner. Feels good. And thanks to you all as well.

SubAlpine
March 16th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Wow. Looking at the first pic, I never noticed, or wanted to admit the amount of rear end sag. Cheers to new parts!

Mr6dwg
March 16th, 2014, 10:19 PM
That is a nice improvement. It will expand your driving abilities and make the day of four wheeling more enjoyable. Looks nice.

otisdog
March 17th, 2014, 08:14 AM
It's a great improvement, looks really good.
Years of rust can make a job like that creep closer to nightmare proportions.
The RC lift may not be the best available but it works for people on a budget. Most are pretty happy with RC results.
Jim

SubAlpine
March 17th, 2014, 12:31 PM
I was impressed by the apparent quality of the RC spring/strut for the rear. Stout stuff. Rides great, but that is compared to 12 year old stock. Unless the RC back setup(springs/struts) crap out, I will be leaving them and getting TRD coil overs off of a 01-05 tundra for the front. Wish I had money to not do top plate spacers, but it is what it is. Im lucky the better half let me spend what she did.

88Toy
April 14th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Looks really good! I love seeing owners doing the work themselves, especially when it's a big job that that ends on a successful note. Admire your work! You deserve it!

jayson44
April 14th, 2014, 01:52 PM
nice! big improvement!

now you just need bigger meats. :)

J.

SubAlpine
April 14th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Damn, I just got bigger tires. It never ends, does it

ILuvtheMountains
April 14th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Great job! And when you do it yourself (as I often try to) you see much better how every related component works and what the limitations may be. Kudos and now you can enjoy the fruits of your labor when you get to wheel.

ILuvtheMountains
April 14th, 2014, 05:26 PM
And no, it NEVER ends. Every time I think my rig is pretty BA, I see someone else's rig and realize I am just getting started. Then again I could probably spend a lot of money traveling and pushing my truck to its limits and having a lot more fun than building my rig and sitting at home saying "next year will be awesome"

Chris
April 14th, 2014, 05:46 PM
Nah, it ends Travis. Mine is done once I get my skids on...

...except for repairing what I break! :rolleyes:

jaymoto
April 15th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Building your own rig can be very fun and rewarding. It can become a bit of a sickness wanting to keep building it up.
Have a plan of what type of build you want. An All out rock crawler or a well rounded trail rig Keep in mind your budget.
The four runner is a very good platform to start with. The truck in its stock form is very capable rig. Adding small lift, tires, armor makes it a go almost any where rig.
Your not the only one that wants to go big on there rig build. Build your rig then go and wheel it. Learn what it can and can't do but most of all just enjoy it. See you out there on the trail this season.