PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Toyota Prius Hybrid - 50mpg

Patrolman
March 16th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Just posted this on CL at $5,200. Priced at $5,000 for members. Great commuter car that can pay for itself with the fuel savings!

2002 Toyota Prius with Auto Transmission. Car runs and drives great. No known issues, no check engine lights, no known leaks. Ready to be driven every day. This car has been great. We have purchased a newer Prius and do not intend to keep this car. Adult owned and taken good care of.

Has averaged about 46 mpg in mixed driving over the time we have owned the car. I have gotten on 52 mpg on a recent 200 mile trip to Pueblo. Averaging 47.2 mpg on this current tank of fuel.

220,801 miles, but I continue to drive it every day, so the miles will continue to accrue.

FEATURES:
-The 1st generation Prius has a trunk (2001-2003 only). These are hard to find in this clean shape!
-Center digital display for all data regarding hybrid performance
-Power mirrors
-Power Windows
-Power Locks
-Air Conditioning
-Climate control - set the temperature and it automatically controls the temp
-Cruise Control
-Dual Front Airbags and side airbags (4 total airbags)
-Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS)
-Automatic transmission
-14 inch factory aluminum rims
-Lightly tinted side and rear windows
-Remote locks with 1 keychain transponder
-Factory AM/FM radio with cassette and 4 speaker surround sound
-Rear window defroster

RECENT MAINTENANCE:
-New genuine Toyota inverter pump with new genuine Toyota antifreeze - June 2013 at 215,846 miles
-Hybrid high voltage battery pack serviced and 1 cell replaced - August 2013 at 216,026 miles
-New Optima Yellow Top 12v battery - best battery you can buy - August 2013 at 216,243 miles
-Brakes recently checked - more than 1/2 of the brake pads remains
-New windshield wiper blades
-Recent oil change

Clear Colorado title in hand in my name. I am available to show the car at my office at Orchard and I-25 during the week. I can also show it evenings or weekends at home near Morrison.

javaman34
March 16th, 2014, 07:45 PM
No comment. :eek:

Patrolman
March 16th, 2014, 07:48 PM
They are awesome commuter cars. We now have 4 Prii (plural for Prius). 2 of them are 2005, and 1 is 2006. I personally prefer the hatchback model, so that is the only reason not to keep this one.

Jackie
March 16th, 2014, 08:18 PM
I'm bumping this because it looks like a great DD for someone. I'd like to talk to my daughter about it, but I think she and her hubby need a 4WD.

Patrolman
March 16th, 2014, 08:34 PM
If they need something 4wd for snow, but don't intend to do any off-road, consider a Subaru. The only reason I stopped driving Foresters was because the Prius gets almost 50mpg. When we had Foresters, the 98 automatic would get about 25mpg, and the 2001 manual tranny would get 28 mpg in town. I have a light foot on it. I would gladly drive one again if my commute wasn't so far.

Patrolman
March 26th, 2014, 09:08 PM
Price lowered to move faster. $4,900 for the public, $4,600 firm for FR4x4 members.

Chris
March 28th, 2014, 03:49 PM
I wish it was lower miles Jeff, Barb's been looking at them and is leaning towards a Prius.

I think she wants to compensate for my poor mpg's :lmao:

Patrolman
March 28th, 2014, 04:10 PM
They are hard to find with low miles. If she does shop around for one and finds one with lower miles, it may be good to have the battery checked. Toyota (and some specialty shops) can actually tell the voltage of each cell in the battery pack through their computer. The entire pack doesn't die, but just individual cells. I had to replace one in this car. When the cars sit for long periods, the cells can actually discharge at slightly different rates, and then one of them eventually won't recharge correctly. Something to keep in mind. Also, don't forget that the engine only runs about 1/2 to 2/3 of the time, and at lower RPM's typically, so the engine itself won't have near as much wear as a non-hybrid with as many miles.

Let me know if you need advice if you get serious about one. They are great cars!

Patrolman
April 7th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Ok, still no cash buyer yet, but lots of strange offers. The plates expire at the end of the month. In the interest of not having to give more money to the county/state, reducing the price $200 dollars to $4,400 for members.

Patrolman
June 9th, 2014, 06:28 PM
SOLD!