PDA

View Full Version : Front Bumper for 99 Ranger

javaman34
March 24th, 2014, 06:51 PM
My wife had a little run-in this morning with a Nissan Altima. The bottom half of the bumper on my beloved Ranger is busted off. After looking at it, I have come to the realization that:
1) I need to get the wife a car of her own
2) I'm going to replace the whole front bumper.

I don't suppose anyone on here has a bumper for this truck laying around they don't want. Let me know.

ExplorerTom
March 24th, 2014, 08:06 PM
I use to. I can recommend a good bumper builder. The next time there's a run in with an Altima, you won't need to worry.

otherwise, junkyard man. There's one down on this side of town that has a ton of Explorers. Colorado Auto or something. And the U-Pull-&-Pay in Aurora also has a good Ford selection. I'm not looking for Rangers when I go, but they are basically the same.

Wait, are you just looking for the plastic bottom piece that goes under the chromed metal? If so, I think I still have the one from my '97.

javaman34
March 24th, 2014, 10:12 PM
97 won't work. Already checked different years. I need one from years 98-01 I believe.

Cr33p3r
March 25th, 2014, 05:18 AM
Check LKQ on Federal last time I was in there they had like 8 Rangers of various years.

javaman34
March 25th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Check LKQ on Federal last time I was in there they had like 8 Rangers of various years.

Yeah, I'm going to be heading there and Pull and Pay Saturday. I just thought I would take a chance and see if someone on here might have one I could get a hold of before I went on the search.

Jackie
March 25th, 2014, 08:59 PM
My wife had a little run-in this morning with a Nissan Altima. The bottom half of the bumper on my beloved Ranger is busted off. After looking at it, I have come to the realization that:
1) I need to get the wife a car of her own
2) I'm going to replace the whole front bumper.

Sounds like no one got hurt - so that's a good thing...

I vote for choice #1: Get your wife her own rig and then she can go wheeling even you might not be able to!!! Hint: Jeeps are fun!

javaman34
March 25th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Hint: Jeeps are fun!

I'll be more than happy to take yours. (Hint, Hint...)

Jackie
March 25th, 2014, 09:32 PM
eh eh, but your wife can ride with me!:D

Cr33p3r
March 26th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I'm going to be heading there and Pull and Pay Saturday. I just thought I would take a chance and see if someone on here might have one I could get a hold of before I went on the search.

Give me a call before you head out I have the morning free to hit the yards.

javaman34
March 26th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Give me a call before you head out I have the morning free to hit the yards.

I probably be heading out somewhere between 10-1030. Saturday is my only day I get to sleep in, so I take advantage of it. I'll still give you a call before I head out. I'll probably hit Pull and Pay first since it is the closest.

Kevin
March 30th, 2014, 10:10 PM
You find a bumper yet? I'm tellin you u need a tougher one w a grill guard an wench ... Lol

javaman34
March 30th, 2014, 10:10 PM
I have one on order.