PDA

View Full Version : March 29th-Ute and Cascade Creek

ZukiTony
March 29th, 2014, 05:19 PM
I was running some errands in Idaho Springs today and decided to shoot up to Ute and Cascade Creek real quick to check the snow pack. Needless to say, summer is a long way off still up here. I was only able to make it a little ways up each trail by myself. Might make for some good snow bashing with a group but I didn't want to push it alone. The pictures are all from up Ute Creek, Cascade wasn't any better. I turned around when an ATV with tracks on it came by and said it wasn't worth going any further. Both trails were melting off really good though down bottom.

Tom
March 29th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Gordon gulch was the same.

Brad
March 29th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Good to know!

glacierpaul
March 30th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Nice Tony, I was going to cruise up there at some point and check it out. Most all of our trails in Clear Creek look like this, or worse. 3-8" of new snow this afternoon.

Hypoid
March 30th, 2014, 11:02 AM
Water, water, everywhere! :)

Max
March 30th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Nice. It looks like a lot of people got out and took a crack at the snow yesterday!

ExplorerTom
March 30th, 2014, 08:20 PM
I know someone that went up there today. Turned into a recovery fest apparently. He pulled 3 trucks out.

theluke19
March 30th, 2014, 09:19 PM
I know someone that went up there today. Turned into a recovery fest apparently. He pulled 3 trucks out.

We planned on going to Cascade Creek, but ended up heading to Geneva Creek. By the looks of it - seems like Cascade was a bit worse. Geneva Creek was a recovery fest, none the less lol

ZukiTony
March 31st, 2014, 12:37 PM
Yea Cascade was bad. Only able to make it up a couple hundred yards probably. Ute was slightly better but still once you made it to the next level in elevation the snow piled up quick as you can see from the pictures. We got a couple inches here in Empire last night but I know at elevation they were reporting 6-10" depending on where you were, with another group of snow moving in over the next few days. Welcome back to April in the Rockies I guess!! I am not giving up on my scouting for run-able trails up here yet though. Might head out of Empire today or tomorrow and see how the pack is here. I will post more pictures when I do. Thanks for the reports on St. Mary's trails Paul. I haven't gone up that way in a couple months due to your updates, but last time I did I know it was deeeeeeep outside of Alice. Makes me want to buy a sled too!

ZukiTony
March 31st, 2014, 12:46 PM
We planned on going to Cascade Creek, but ended up heading to Geneva Creek. By the looks of it - seems like Cascade was a bit worse. Geneva Creek was a recovery fest, none the less lol

Took a ride up Guanella from the Georgetown side yesterday and saw some guys had tried to run the Leavenworth Creek Road up towards McClellan Mtn. and Argentine Pass. I was in my girlfriends car so I couldn't investigate any further but it is only a 5 minute ride from my place so I am going to check it out here soon. I expect much of the same as everywhere else but what the heck right? Any reason to get out is a good reason in my book.

glacierpaul
April 1st, 2014, 03:55 PM
Yeah, we have been contemplating a mountain sled for sure. I want to get tracks for my atv too. If only $$$ fell out of the sky....