PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm, this looks like it might be entertaining

Brucker
April 4th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Stumbled across this: https://tv.yahoo.com/news/bbc-america-greenlights-unscripted-series-mud-sweat-gears-195518531.html

For the click lazy:

BBC AMERICA GREENLIGHTS NEW ORIGINAL SERIES MUD, SWEAT & GEARS

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/image006-350x246.jpg

New York – February 27, 2014 –BBC AMERICA has given the green light to adrenaline-charged vehicle transformation series, Mud, Sweat & Gears. The (8x60) original series, produced by BBC Worldwide Productions for BBC AMERICA and BBC Worldwide’s new Brit channel, will be hosted by Tom ‘Wookie’ Ford and Jonny Smith, two real-life friends and UK car journalists. Each week, the daredevil pair will work as rival team captains, each accompanied by a team of two fellow car enthusiasts. They will have 24 hours to mutate, supersize or reconstruct ordinary vehicles and engage in competitive stunt challenges that are perilous and humorous. Nathaniel Grouille is executive producer and showrunner for the series and Trice Barto is executive producer. Michael Brooks and Jane Tranter are executive producers for BBC Worldwide Productions and Julie Swanston for BBC Worldwide. The production begins shooting next month in California.

Mud, Sweat & Gears is a BBC AMERICA original production co-produced by BBC Worldwide Productions and BBC Worldwide, distributed by BBC Worldwide. The series was ordered by Perry Simon, General Manager, BBC AMERICA and Tracy Forsyth, VP Commissioning, Original Content for BBC Worldwide.

Perry Simon, General Manager, BBC AMERICA said: “Mud, Sweat & Gears is a perfect fit for BBC AMERICA’s Top Gear (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/tag/top-gear-ratings)-driven Monday night lineup, where we've built an audience that loves joining clever hosts engaging in humorous challenges and activities. BBC Worldwide Productions has created a series to showcase the talents of hosts Wookie and Jonny and will be delivered to a global audience through our partnership with BBC Worldwide Channels."

Tracy Forsyth, VP Commissioning, Original Content, BBC Worldwide added: “We’re so pleased to be working with our BBC AMERICA and BBC Worldwide Productions colleagues on this original co-production, giving our car hungry viewers around the globe, a turbo-charged, stunt-packed ‘carmageddon,’ with the unmistakable British humor of Wookie and Jonny at the wheel.”

Mud, Sweat & Gears will premiere on BBC AMERICA following hit series Top Gear (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/tag/top-gear-ratings) which, in its 21st season, is on target for its highest rated season yet in the US. Mud, Sweat & Gears will also launch across the BBC’s international channels and is the first original commission to be announced for BBC Brit – the new male-skewing factual entertainment channel due to launch in several worldwide markets outside of the US in 2014.

Mud, Sweat & Gears follows in the footsteps of the second season of BBC AMERICA’s original series Wild Things with Dominic Monaghan, which is also co-produced by BBC Worldwide‘s global channels. The series joins BBC AMERICA’s slate of new unscripted programming including Top Gear (http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/tag/top-gear-ratings), Wild Things with Dominic Monaghan, BBC AMERICA’s new BBC Earth block of natural history programs, The Graham Norton Show and upcoming original series Million Dollar Critic starring Giles Coren.

Haku
April 4th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Cool....sounds like Junkyard Wars or Monster Garage kinda and I like Tom and Johnny (of Fifth Gear fame). Should be a fun and entertaining show and I look forward to watching it.

Brucker
April 4th, 2014, 04:48 PM
I never got into Fifth Gear. Actually haven't even seen a full episode. But have been told that both Wookie and Jonny are fun loving guys just looking at doing cool stuff.

Haku
April 4th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Yeah....they are both seemingly cool dudes that like to mess around. Johnny was the "youthful advocate" that was in touch with the younger generations and was into the smaller cars and environmental stuff but still willing to go thrash a big expensive car around. Tom likes the weirder more obscure cars, but still loves to have a good time and looks like one of those guys who would be awesome to just hang out and do stuff with.

I'm sure they'll be entertaining to watch, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with, with the help of their "contestants". I always liked the shows putting like minded car enthusiasts into a ring and letting them go crazy on a challenge like this.

Brucker
April 4th, 2014, 04:56 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with, with the help of their "contestants".

You and me both ;)

Brucker
April 11th, 2014, 09:49 PM
I am not allowed to say much but holy hell, its going to be a cool show. Good hosts, good crew, fun, challenging, and did I mention fun?

Great times had by all, but please remember you can't believe everything on TV. ;-)

Haku
August 24th, 2014, 04:36 PM
So....when is this supposed to Air?

Brucker
August 25th, 2014, 04:38 PM
So....when is this supposed to Air?

Quite honestly I don't know more now than I did in April. It's slated to be released at the same time as the new season of Top Gear. And BBC hasn't released an official air date for that to happen yet. But based on internet rumors, I would like for it sometime just after the new year.

Kinda happy it is taking a while for it to air. Not sure I will be to happy seeing myself on television again. My friends and family are WAY more exited to see me make an ass outta myself. They can't enough of it.