PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a small compressor up North

ctracy5
April 5th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Hey guys I am all but done with getting my front axle out but I have to remove the axle and the brackets to get it out. They are nuts and bolts and on way to tight for me to do by hand. I have the air tools I just don't have a compressor to use them, if anybody has a portable one that I could borrow that would be great, I don't want to have to rent one if I don't have to.

ctracy5
April 5th, 2014, 02:32 PM
The bolts in question are the ones that go into the vertical holes on the red brackets, no room to get in there up in the truck. I thought I could get the shafts out and just pull the housing but I guess they are held inside by snap rings so I have to pull the entire assembly as soon in the pic and dissemble it out of the truck.

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af292/bmccaffery/92IsuzuPickup/IMG-20120415-00076.jpg

alexb
April 5th, 2014, 05:21 PM
I'm in Longmont. Still a haul from Fort Collins but you could borrow mine if you can't find anything closer.

zukrider
April 5th, 2014, 07:35 PM
use a box end wrench and a hammer. done.

ctracy5
April 6th, 2014, 09:12 AM
use a box end wrench and a hammer. done.

No room, It will be bad enough trying to get the wrench on the head of the bolt on top, I was using my breaker bar yesterday and I am pretty sure the whole thing turned vs loosening the nut so I need to hold the bolt. At the moment I got a buddy coming our on Tuesday to help but having a compressor would be nice.

Jim
April 6th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Wish I could help now but I can't. Later in the week can work, if you're still sitt'n on it.