PDA

View Full Version : Facelift time

xaza
April 10th, 2014, 07:10 PM
After years of saving and planning we have finally started the facelift of our house. In fact we have had the color selection cards from Lowes hanging from kitchen cabinets for 4 years making us look at them each day. We are uber happy about the color selection, the grey siding takes a hint of blue from the trim and blends beautifully. The siding has been completed and after the roof is done they will be coming back to do the gutters (white). Started the tear off yesterday and finished today.

Jackie
April 10th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Very nice! I like your color choices! I see you have a snow shovel in the yard just like me!:lmao:

javaman34
April 10th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Looks really nice. Good choice of colors.

Brad
April 10th, 2014, 08:51 PM
Nice Cliff! Always worth doing upgrades on your house. :thumb:

The StRanger
April 10th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Very Nice !

Jim
April 10th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Congratulations!

A good day to see the planing through to final product.

Cr33p3r
April 11th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Nice, its always a good feeling when you get to make an improvement on your home.

xaza
April 11th, 2014, 05:27 PM
We are hoping to have the house on the market by summer. It was a great starter home for us but we are ready for something a bit newer and less issues. Also need a garage and didn't want to invest the $20,000 to put one here. We bought the house (our first) in 2008 as a foreclosure and knew the roof would need replaced to sell it. We are taking advantage of the dumpster and getting rid of some junk around here. Replaced several sections of fence and have had old panels stashed next to shed that are going away finally. Pretty exciting time around here, exciting enough to keep me home from the hills this weekend.

Rick
April 11th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Looks Great....Love this time of year where you can get out and start doin stuff like that..I do enjoy working around the house though..

Chris
April 11th, 2014, 06:55 PM
I'll add my "looks great" along with everyone else Cliff! It's really nice when updates come together and add value and aesthetic value, well done!

(I'm glad I have a patio home and someone else does that stuff for me though!)

Funrover
April 12th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Nice!

Patrolman
April 12th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Nice improvements! That will certainly help it sell!

xaza
April 12th, 2014, 05:35 PM
A little too busy today to take pictures but we filled the rest of the 12 yard dumpster full. We trimmed the trees above the house to make things easier on the roofers who have called and confirmed Monday material delivery and completion on Tuesday. We trimmed some other trees around the yard and opened it up a lot. The stack of fence panels opened up 5 feet of space the entire length of the shed. Leslie picked up some paint yesterday and we started on covering all the left over yellow. OMG it's everywhere. The hand rails, the sides of porch, gas line, electrical conduit, sewer vent and more. Lowes matched the siding and trim colors perfectly. We painted the hand rails blue and prepped porch sides to be painted grey.

The StRanger
April 12th, 2014, 08:58 PM
And all I did was transplant a bunch of rose bushes..
And didnt even get pics !!!

xaza
April 29th, 2014, 08:00 PM
The roof and gutters have been completed and we have been keeping working on some other little things. We removed the big dead tree from the back yard. We got the porch painted to match with house as well as the electrical conduit and gas meter/line.

Jackie
April 29th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Keep at it - it's looking great! :thumb:

Jim
April 29th, 2014, 09:21 PM
Good work!

Aren't winches great tools to have at hand.

xaza
April 30th, 2014, 05:33 AM
Yeah they are. Should have seen the wife's face when we hooked her truck up too, priceless! Winch wasn't enough even after digging and chopping roots until we were tired. Put the GC on at bottom and moved winch line up near top and the two combined pulled it right out.

Java
April 30th, 2014, 08:17 AM
Looking good! Wish my yard was that clean. :thumb: