PDA

View Full Version : Review: ArmorAll Outlast Trim & Plastic Restorer

Tom
May 23rd, 2014, 10:55 AM
Recently started seeing ads for this, and being completely dissatisfied with Back to Black, I decided to buy some.

In the box is a bottle whose contents look a lot like back to black. Whitish soft paste, and two microfiber towels. So I read the instructions and went out to my JK. Let me mention that I had rubbed back to black on most everything laat Sat. so it was already looking pretty good. I was lazy and hadn't opened my tailgate so the bumper there was pretty gray. (Sorry no pic of before) Put some goo on one of the towels and rubbed it on. Instant black. With the other product I have to use 2 applications. I was pleased and touched up several other areas. My front bumper in particular never goes black. It did this time.

So one of my other reasons for not liking the competititor is that I need to reapply it virtually every wash. This stuff says it lasts 100 washes. I don't believe it but if it lasts 3 I'll be saving a lot of time and a bit of coin.

Will report back on that.

Reggie Payne
May 26th, 2014, 10:15 AM
Good review. Thanks. I really need some on my truck. I just bought (a couple of days ago) a bottle of Doctor Detail. Haven't used it yet but if I remember correctly, it was $16 or $17 so I hope it works. If it doesn't, I'll definitely try the Armor All.

Max
May 26th, 2014, 12:54 PM
Are you doing your fender flares too?

Reggie Payne
May 26th, 2014, 02:25 PM

Don't have fender flares.

Tom
May 26th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Flares, stock bumpers, door handles, etc.

Reggie Payne
May 26th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Flares, stock bumpers, door handles, etc.

Tom,

I'm going to do my F350; black plastic on my rear bumper, the black step areas on my nerf bars and the black plastic between the windshield and the hood. We'll see how it turns out.

Reg

Tom
June 15th, 2014, 08:17 AM
So I been using this awhile now. Last application was 3 weeks ago. Went wheeling yesterday. Mud and water. Washed my rig this morning. I am very pleased with this stuff. Only had to touch up a couple of spots that had received the most mud. Back to Black would have required doing the whole rig. Outlast isn't going to last 100s of washes, but it will outlast the Mother's product. I'm going to stick with Outlast until something better comes along.