PDA

View Full Version : Need 2 small pieces of Steel

jdawg33
June 3rd, 2014, 07:08 AM
I am looking for 2 pcs- 11" long channel C6 x 13 is the preferred size but could also use C6 x 10.5. Anyone have any suggestions where I can find this? I have no idea where to look and i would like to avoid buying a while piece of channel if i can avoid it.

Hypoid
June 4th, 2014, 05:38 AM
K&K Surplus.

jdawg33
June 4th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Thanks Mike, I will give them a call later today to see if I can find what I am looking for!

Java
June 4th, 2014, 08:06 AM
these guys too, any size you want by weight: http://www.frontrange4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?20732-Metal-Supermarkets

The StRanger
June 4th, 2014, 09:22 AM
X2 on K&K !!

jdawg33
June 4th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Thanks guys! I talked to K&K and they did not have my stuff in stock, very polite and i would not hesitate to call them again. I ended up riding what I needed with Metal Supermarkets and was able to get the 2 pieces i needed for less than $25.00! Thanks again for all the input

Next up, finding a torch to rent/borrow so I can cut off the old steel to weld on the new steel! I am lifting my camper to get more ground clearance and maybe even go up in tire size if there is enough room!

itjobhunter
June 12th, 2014, 12:20 AM
Jason,
I have a plasma cutter and I'd be happy to help you. I'm near Tower Rd and Smoky Hill Rd in Aurora; just send me an email if you want to come over. If the camper can't be brought to me and you have an good sized air compressor, I can bring my equipment to you for gas money and help you at your place - time will be an issue though, so let me know soon.

Bryan

jdawg33
June 12th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Thanks Bryan! I actually just finished it off this weekend. Nice little project that took much longer than i thought it would. It was about 8 hours total time.

I still may want to armor the bottom a little better so I will keep your suggestion in mind after this first camping trip with it.