PDA

View Full Version : Free firewood

Jackie
June 8th, 2014, 05:32 PM
For those of you who expressed an interest in taking some of our fresh-cut tree logs in Evergreen, now is your chance! I am not ready to host a BBQ party or anything yet, but we have a very large pile - 4 trees (more than your typical PU truck could possibly carry) stacked in our back yard. We left the gate at the bottom of the hill open so you can back your truck in for an easier load-up. Please don't drive too far into the yard because of the septic tank.

PM me for address.

glacierpaul
June 8th, 2014, 07:55 PM
No wood burning stove Jackie?

Jackie
June 8th, 2014, 08:03 PM
We have a fireplace in the living room - but there is just too much for us to store, more trees need to come down as well - so we need need room to stack the next batch. Ouy Vay - I'm a citified = mountain woman now!

Brad
June 10th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Just wanted to thank Jackie and Britton for the wood! I am stocked up for camping for the year! May head back if no one else is going to pick some up.

Jackie
June 14th, 2014, 04:38 PM
The entire pile of wood is now gone! Thanks to Brad for taking quite a bit. The rest we gave to a charity that cuts it up and delivers it to the elderly for winter heating (how cool is that)!
There will be more - but for now, it's all gone!

AccordRanger
June 15th, 2014, 01:13 AM
Do let us know when there is more. I'm always looking for free firewood.

scout man
June 16th, 2014, 12:18 AM
I agree. Timing didn't work out this time, but it might in the future. I will always take a load of wood if I can get there. Sounds like it went to a better cause though!

Funrover
June 18th, 2014, 10:26 PM
The entire pile of wood is now gone! Thanks to Brad for taking quite a bit. The rest we gave to a charity that cuts it up and delivers it to the elderly for winter heating (how cool is that)!
There will be more - but for now, it's all gone!

Very cool, I did not know!
Willing to post up info on the charity?