PDA

View Full Version : Englewood Drive Shaft, Inc

Brody
April 2nd, 2008, 05:39 AM
These guys are great-great work, great people, great service, great prices! What more can I say? I have used them for all of my drive shaft work on a number of rigs over the years, and Off Road Solutions was using them until they moved way north. Everyone I have sent down to Englewood Driveshaft has come away happy. They know 4 wheeling and any other kind of rig on wheels.

Bob also owns a survival shop(Farris Survival, 3366 South Broadway) that is on Broadway on the east side, just across from the bagel shop and Starbucks. He handles a lot of items that are very useful here and the shop is certainly worth a visit. Especially as things don't seem to be getting much better....

Bill, Bob's son, is now the new owner of the shop. He is going to be doing even more custom driveshaft work and is revamping the shop to handle it.

So, from custom drive shafts to repair work on an existing one, these guys are IT!

Englewood Driveshaft
3364 1/2 South Broadway (alley entrance)
Englewood, CO 80113
303-781-0554

Mention my name, Peter Brody or Front Range 4x4 and you will get the best prices on custom driveshafts, u joint repairs, retubing, etc.

Jimmy
September 18th, 2010, 03:54 PM
The "angry sparrows" showed up recently in my front driveshaft. I got in there to find that the double cardan joint was worn enough that I could see wobble in it. [For those of you in the know, this driveshaft isn't stock since the early Discos did not have double cardan joints in the factory driveshaft. This is a Tom Woods.) I also found that all the bolts holding the driveshaft to the pinion yolk were loose. Good thing I got in there and checked it out right away when the noises started - clearly there was an issue for some time and it finally showed itself.

I considered rebuilding it myself. I've done plenty of u-joints over the years, and then I remembered that I hated almost all of them. :D Part of me wanted to try the double cardan joint rebuild, but the part of me that hates u-joints convinced me otherwise. So instead of tackling this myself, I took it to Bill for a complete overhaul.

Thank goodness that I did!!! Being a member of FR4x4, Bill took care of me. Bill discovered that the main tube was BENT - not something I could have discovered on my own. Bill replaced the tube with a thicker walled tube and gave it a little extra length - he could tell the length the shaft was riding at and knew it could use a little more length (likely due to suspension parts changes I made; the shaft was on the Disco when I bought it). And here's the best part: Bill made this repair for FREE since I am a member here.

Bill took care of replacing all the u-joints and rebuilding the double cardan/CV (whatever you like to call it). Bill also took the time to drill and tap the double cardan so that I could grease it - I didn't expect that!

So, I HIGHLY recommend Englewood Driveshaft. You won't be disappointed!

WINKY
September 18th, 2010, 04:39 PM
I have gone there for all my parts,repairs and will continue to go there as he is a great guy and has excellent service with a smile!

Patrolman
October 31st, 2011, 08:52 PM
I wanted to bring up Englewood Driveshaft again. They have always done great work for my dad. I stopped in this morning to arrange my first bit of work. As always, professional, knowledgeable, and even quoted a discount for FR4x4. Two thumbs up for a great shop!

mattzj98
October 31st, 2011, 08:57 PM
Both of my driveshafts are from Bill.. never had an issue.. in fact, they re-opened the shop one day when I had an emergency driveshaft need.. just for me.. just so I can hit a trail that evening.. Pretty awesome! :)

SNOWMAN
November 3rd, 2011, 10:26 PM
I'm going there with both driveshafts from my Chevota build tomorrow morning on my way to Copper.

SNOWMAN
November 6th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Great guy, I'm not sure how he roped his wife into helping him beat his shaft's! HaHa... My wife would never do that. At the end of the day Bill provided excellent customer service and got me rollin again. He even put in some OT to do it but had an equipment malfunction with his balancer (unavoidable). So my rear shaft is in and spinning smoothly. My front one will be ready the begining of the week.

Thanks again to Englewood Driveshaft!

Patrolman
November 6th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Nice work! Glad he was able to get you back on the road!

southpaws3
January 20th, 2012, 12:50 AM
WONDERFUL WORK!!!!!! plus don't forget the other drivetrain goodies they can get!! THANKS AGAIN

Brody
January 20th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Good! Bill and Engelwood Drive Shaft are great! BTW, if you are down there, stop in at Farris Survival, just behind Bill's shop and fronting on Broadway, for any back country or home survival or first aid needs.