PDA

View Full Version : need to borrom a pair of 33's prefferable on 5x5.5" bolt pattern

redneck23ms
June 9th, 2014, 08:55 PM
i have to get an emissions test this month but i am running 35's and the biggest tire they will put on the rollers is a 33. does anybody have a pair of 33's that i can borrow for the test. i am in fort collins. i need 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern. or i could mount them on my wheels but would prefer not to if i can get away with it.

zukrider
June 9th, 2014, 09:12 PM
if you can do it tomorrow, and do the work, you can use mine. im in arvada, but there is an aircare literally 5 minutes from me. swap em, run and test, then swap em, and run home. text me if your interested.

joe
720-879-2203

redneck23ms
June 9th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the offer but there is no way I can do it tomorrow as I don't get off work til 4 is in Fort collins. Hopefully I can find somebody local

Shadowmaker
June 10th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Aircare folks told me you only needed 2 on the drive wheels. A couple of stock spares should do ya, I have one and Aircare is 5 min from me too.

94ToyBear
June 10th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Aircare folks told me you only needed 2 on the drive wheels. A couple of stock spares should do ya, I have one and Aircare is 5 min from me too.
Yeah be that funny looking guy for an hour ! Lol I agree with Shadowmaker (sorry dont know your name)

Beefy
June 10th, 2014, 04:36 PM

Yep. Mine had a lot of power with those little tires. :D

http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss177/BeefyBeefo/2c909a9d.jpg

redneck23ms
June 23rd, 2014, 04:30 PM
ended up renting a pair from bullhide4x4 here in fort collins. cost $35 to rent them but they did all of the swapping so i guess its not too bad. got the emissions test done and i'm good for another 2 years now.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l102/redneck23ms/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps9626564e.jpg (http://s94.photobucket.com/user/redneck23ms/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps9626564e.jpg.html)

Unbalanced
June 27th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Next time around, look for the drive-by vans. Locations are posted on AirCare's website.

Two clean hits in the 10 months prior to your renewal card being sent out, and you won't have to deal with it.

Just tossing in my 2¢.

Boothill
July 2nd, 2014, 08:42 AM
Make sure it's at least two passes, one each at TWO DIFFERENT locations. And, if your gas cap is old, say more than 5 years, you may want to get a new one. I went through AC mobile stations several times in prep for a renewal. I got the renewal card in the mail with instructions for e-test. It was the bad gas cap.

redneck23ms
July 9th, 2014, 06:53 AM
I didn't see them even test my gas cap this time while I was there nor did I see them test any others.

Boothill
July 9th, 2014, 08:05 AM
You won't see testers actually looking at or messing with your gas cap although they should be checking to see if the filler has been altered. The testing equipment detects leaks at the gas cap.

redneck23ms
July 9th, 2014, 06:48 PM
the last time mine was tested (2 years ago) they physically removed the gas cap and tested it on the machine. but not this time. and there really isn't any way for their machine to test the cap without removing it as all they do is a visual inspection to make sure all of the emissions stuff is there and then put it on the rollers with a pipe on the exhaust. maybe there was some sort of sniffer by the gas cap during the test that i didn't see? dunno but i don't think so

Stu
July 9th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Two years ago I had to borrow some smaller tires for my xj because my tires were to large for the rollers, and then last year I took my truck in for emissions and they said it was too heavy for the rollers so they just took it out along side the building and put the engine through its paces with the trans in neutral. This left me wondering why they cant just do the same thing for vehicles with oversized tires. I should have asked them about it then, but I was itching to get the hell out of there.

Hypoid
July 10th, 2014, 04:49 AM
When I had my vehicles done this year, I found they had moved the cap test to the front end of the process. While they were doing the visual inspection, the machine was testing my cap.