PDA

View Full Version : MSV Coney Flats 7-5-14

xaza
July 6th, 2014, 06:24 AM
I will go ahead and start the report. We decided last minute to jump in the trail run but missed it being late. Turns out Stu decided to head out too and was a few trucks behind us in the line. The trail doesn't seem much worse than last year although there are a few spots that have gotten more rough. Obstacles still remain the same. It was a frustratingly slow day on the trail but it was still better than sitting on my couch in Denver. Hit the trail at just after 11 and made it to the lake at 4. Not a lot of pics and no video today. After the big water crossing we continued straight through and ended up behind a group using CB. Turns out it was Traildamage.com group. Got to meet Monica and a few of their group. Got some carnage today and then made it worse driving it down because I didn't want to be the next guy slowing things down. All the sitting and not being used to using my e brake I threw it in reverse to move over for some quads to get by and broke the driver side e brake. Got to lake and pulled tire and rotor off and the brake shoe pieces fell out. Removed e brake internals and drove it home. The water at the lake was deep enough to flow over the road at the overflow but the water crossings were not that bad.

Brad
July 6th, 2014, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the pics and report. I have never run across the TD folks. Sucks on your ebrake.

The StRanger
July 6th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Very Nice !!

Stu
July 6th, 2014, 08:13 AM
It was a nice day! I must have been further behind you than I thought. I was by myself on MSV and Coney Flats all day, until the very end when I caught up to the line of trucks. I wish I would have made it there earlier and had some time to hike around a bit though.

Shane
July 6th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Looks like it was still a good trip minus the e brake.

Austin
July 6th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Nice pics I thougth I see your xj on the trail Matt and I ran MSV and Coney yesterday too

xaza
July 6th, 2014, 11:31 AM
E brake pics :oops:

The StRanger
July 6th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Those shoe's are " Ugly "

xaza
July 6th, 2014, 12:36 PM
:lmao: The whole housing that holds them is shredded too. Need a complete driver side replacement (except caliper) including cable. Austin, if you saw me you should have stopped and said hello. Sorry I don't tend to remember people or their trucks until I have wheeled with them.

Austin
July 6th, 2014, 01:14 PM
I would have but it was at the lake and you kept on cruising

Austin
July 6th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Youtube up load of Matt on the trail yesterday here is the link http://youtu.be/uWVSaV4jANU

Austin
July 6th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Here is another video http://youtu.be/iVGDpoX0HGI

Funrover
July 7th, 2014, 11:56 PM
Man I really want to hit that trail one day! Bummer on the damage!