PDA

View Full Version : MSV-Coney Flats July 12

Tom
July 12th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Great day. Met lots of new people. Finally had cookies!:eek:
No carnage I know of. Except my new upper shock bushing on the passenger side failed. Lasted less than 550 miles.
Rain held off until airing up when it started to lightly sprinkle. Hope you enjoy the video.

Oh, and we didn't have to wait on anybody in front of us. No lines.

http://youtu.be/3II0efsl03U

The StRanger
July 12th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Sweet. Had a great time up there. Now to start loading pics !

The StRanger
July 12th, 2014, 08:03 PM
1st pair

The StRanger
July 12th, 2014, 08:16 PM
I can only load two at a time

The StRanger
July 12th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Saw Tooth.

The StRanger
July 12th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Some random pics

glacierpaul
July 13th, 2014, 06:31 AM
Thanks guy's for the vid/pics and report!

Racerchef
July 13th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Looks like a good time. I will have to check that area out

SynergyXJ
July 13th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Good ride guys!

I'm a dork and I like data, so I'm working on an off-road-GIS project. Here's a screen shot of my GPS log and some waypoints so ya'll can see where we went. We covered 8.99 miles. Cool. Someday, I'll organize it and post it somewhere in hopes that someone will find it useful.

Looking forward to the next trip!

ExplorerTom
July 13th, 2014, 04:42 PM
That's one of my favorite trails.

Shane
July 13th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Nice vid and pics. Looks like it was a great time!

One of these days when my Jeep grows up it can handle these trails.

Shadowmaker
July 13th, 2014, 09:53 PM
What a great report.

The StRanger
July 13th, 2014, 10:32 PM
Now that Iv got a little time. wife and I didnt count on the turnpike construction,
Showed up about 20 minutes late at the park. Did a really quick run up the canyon and met the group at the meadow.
Started the trail at full 35 PSI. Holly stuff that was a rough ride. Pressured down to 10 psi and it was a lot better...
Only rear problems I had was a turtle on in the Rock Garden. Other than that t was a clean run..
Two more trail marked off the list ..

PS. Dont know why I cant load Vids !!

Tnsejed
July 14th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Looks like fun. Thanks for the pics.

Mr6dwg
July 14th, 2014, 10:46 AM
We met at the Lyons Post Office about 8:30. We left about 9:00. Driving to the trail is always fun for me, because I am doing my best to hold back the excitement. Once we got to the road, we all found spots to pull over, air down, go to the bathroom, walk the dog, get a drink, etc., etc. There were 6 at the beginning of the trail. Sam would join us very shortly on the trail. I have to commend Brady on his driving skills. He did very well right off the bat, on the Guardian rocks. The road had its usual wet spots, nothing excessive. While driving on the Middle St Vrain section, we passed the turn to go up Coney Flats and proceeded to the end of the road, at the bridge and the turnaround. As far as I know, everybody made it up and past the hard rock climbing Coney Hill. I did not hear of anybody getting damage. It was a fun day. The weather was great. We proceeded across the Coney Flats, stopping at the water crossing to eat and take a few pictures. The drive down was fun and uneventful. We made it to the Coney Reservoir dam just as it was starting to rain. It was a perfect ending to a great day. Thanks to all who went.!! I will getsome of my pictures on the website.

dcoop
July 14th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Always a good trail to start the season with!

The StRanger
July 14th, 2014, 01:04 PM
ya. It was funny we ran the trail all day without rain. Started misting as we aired up.
And by the time we hit Peak to Peak we got flat drowned !!!

carpenle
July 14th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Looks like fun was had by all. Thanks for the video Tom, really like the music:thumb: