PDA

View Full Version : 7/21/14 - McClellan Mountain & Argentine

Shadowmaker
July 21st, 2014, 08:36 PM
7/21/14 McClellan/Argentine

Ripped the top off and finally pulled my doors. I was hell bent to get out of moving landscaping rock today!

Having never have been on this trail donned some directions from Traildamage.com onto my tablet while sipping on a coffee at Eds Coffee shop in Georgetown. We wound our way out of town towards Guanellas pass. The directions seemed vague, so we found what seemed to be an unmarked entrance towards a trail and dived in. We tried following the directions for McClellan as I was looking for some more challenge, but in the end opted for “just drift towards the right and see what happens” It worked out for us as we ended up eventually at the Santiago mine. I never realized how vast that area was. Our trip down did drop us into several deeper water crossings and a short trip down a river bed.

We ended up only exploring about 15% of the whole area. Definitely some areas where a true stock vehicle could be challenged, as I found a set of Ford running boards tossed to the side of the trail after being torn off.
So looking forward to going back.

otisdog
July 22nd, 2014, 05:22 AM
On your way down sounds like you dropped down onto the Leavenworth Creek trail. It parallels the main road.
Jim

Shadowmaker
July 22nd, 2014, 06:04 AM
Probably was... It was pretty confusing up there, 84210A through P... that was whole lot of branches.

Jim
July 22nd, 2014, 07:59 AM
You went! Fantastic! Thx for the nice pix!

otisdog
July 22nd, 2014, 09:39 AM
If you didn't get to the top of McClellan Pass or Argentine Pass you missed the best parts of all. Views are spectacular from both points.
Jim

Shadowmaker
July 22nd, 2014, 08:25 PM
Well then, a trip back again soon is my future.

The StRanger
July 22nd, 2014, 10:02 PM
Very nice.
Thanks for the Pics !!