PDA

View Full Version : anyone do concrete work?

scout man
July 22nd, 2014, 09:49 PM
I need a 36' x 54' pad poured pretty soon here. I am definitely looking for a cost effective option, since budget is tight, but I want it done right. Looking for a professional product. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely willing to pay for it, but looking for as cost effective option as I can come up with. Anyone do this kind of work or have someone you have used in the past?

Brad
July 22nd, 2014, 10:03 PM
Wish I did!

Patrolman
July 23rd, 2014, 08:36 PM
Get in touch with 4runninfun (Jon). I think he is in Monument still, and I think poured his own pad years ago. He might be able to point you in the right direction. I used some local guys for my driveway. The price was right, but the quality could have been better.

scout man
July 23rd, 2014, 08:48 PM
yea, I just helped the neighbor with a bunch of concrete work, and I suspect I am capable of doing it, but I want it to be a professional job. I would rather pay a little more and have it done right. Its rare I say that, but in this case I think its the way to go.

Brad
July 24th, 2014, 12:28 PM
If it's for what you and I talked about last time I was out there I would have it professionally done. :thumb:

Fordguy77
July 24th, 2014, 07:06 PM
How thick of a pad? Intended load? I might be able to get in contact with my friends Dad. He owns a concrete company, he does more industrial stuff than odd jobs. I'll see if i cant get in touch with her, but its been a while since Ive heard anything from her or even about her.

scout man
July 24th, 2014, 07:55 PM
looking at a 4" thick 36'x54' pad. Dirt work and everything is done, just needs reinforcements, poured, and finished. This is for my new shop. :thumb:

Tom
July 24th, 2014, 08:59 PM
If anyone suggests remesh instead of rebar send em packing!

Jackie
July 24th, 2014, 09:47 PM
We recently had some sidewalk sections replaced by a guy who did a great job.
I'll try to get his contact info for you (my husband is out of town, but I think he has it). I remember them being fast, efficient, professional and affordable. The end product looks great!

We had a different guy pour the concrete for a 10'x 12' shed years ago. He showed up, made a mess of things and excused his final product as "Look! The floor is so rough you won't slip when it gets wet)"! We have nick-named this man "crack-head-Bob". I will never recommend him! I wouldn't dare share his contact info with you.

Austin
July 25th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Classic concrete 303 288 6745 its my father in laws company

Brad
July 25th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Awesome Steve! Cannot wait to see the final building. As always let me know if you need a hand. Always willing to help out.

scout man
July 28th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Thanks for not referring me to Crack-head-Bob Jackie!! Thanks for the other referrals as well. Its coming together! I finished up the dirt work today, now just waiting on a little cash to show back up again. Hopefully move forward on this again next week or so!

Brad
July 29th, 2014, 05:36 AM
That's going to be nice!

Chris
July 29th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Looks great Steve, nice to see it coming along even though it's behind schedule!