PDA

View Full Version : Haven't been on lately

Cr33p3r
August 5th, 2014, 04:05 PM
I haven't been here lately cause last week my mom went into the hospital on Monday afternoon and was released on Friday evening for in home hospice care. We have been super busy taking care of her and meetings with the doctors, nurses and the hospice team. Its round the clock care and my sisters, Val and myself are wearing down. The hospice team has been a wonderful help to us in this situation!

As of now mom has anywhere from one to two weeks left, she has given all us kids and grandkids her blessings plus she had me and my youngest sister go thru her things and give them out to whom she wished to have them. Our goal is not to keep her alive but rather just make sure she is comfortable as possible in these last days. That has been the hardest transition for us all to make. Dad has been a real trooper thru this so far and I'm trying to make sure he is doing ok as well and take him out of the house for awhile for a break from all of it.

Anyone's prayers and best wishes is very much appreciated so thank you all ahead of time!

Chris
August 5th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Best wishes to you and your family Sean, and most important, may your mom be at peace and pain free during her final days.

Tom
August 5th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Been there. It's hard. Best wishes!

The StRanger
August 5th, 2014, 04:49 PM
You and your Family are in our prays !!

xaza
August 5th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Best wishes from my family to yours

Bob
August 5th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Best wishes to you, your family and for a gentle and loving transition for your mother.

Java
August 5th, 2014, 06:11 PM
We'll keep you and your mom in our prayers.

CS79bronco
August 5th, 2014, 06:20 PM
You have my deepest sympathy Sean. My wife passed away 4 years ago yesterday. She was in the hospital 2 months then 2 months extended care, then home with hospice. It's a hard thing to go through. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Serious Offroad
August 5th, 2014, 07:44 PM
I have the utmost respect for you!
Taking care of family during someone's final days is the hardest job anyone could ever do.

God Bless you for doing it.

Patrolman
August 5th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Sean - your family is in our thoughts. It is great that you have this time with her and family. Take care of yourself as well.

Shane
August 5th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Sorry to here, thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

javaman34
August 5th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Sorry to hear it, man. Prayers going out to you and your family. Your a good son for being there with your family through all this. God bless you.

Hypoid
August 5th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Your family is in our prayers.

94ToyBear
August 5th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Best wishes for you and your Family. You sound like your father "A trooper" !

Shadowmaker
August 6th, 2014, 04:51 AM
Best wishes for you and your family.

Brad
August 6th, 2014, 05:31 AM
Best wishes Sean, from our family to yours. I know it is never easy.

carpenle
August 6th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Sorry to hear that Sean, if you need anything let me know.

Brucker
August 6th, 2014, 12:12 PM
So very sorry to hear Sean. As others have also offered, if you need anything, just ask. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Cr33p3r
August 6th, 2014, 10:37 PM
I just want to thank you all it means a lot that you all care about my family! As for right now if anybody would like to help, out meals would be deeply appreciated as we have been so wiped out both mentally and physically we have little energy to think about eating. Meal donations can be dropped off at our home 9260 Ellen CT. Thornton. Again you all for your support!

Funrover
August 8th, 2014, 10:13 PM
You are most certainly in our prayers! Best to all of you

Jackie
August 9th, 2014, 12:02 AM
I've been there and know what it's like - I was only 23 before I lost both of my parents. (My mother was in hospice and they did a wonderful job of keeping her as comfortable as they could). I trust that the care-givers she has right now will be a big support to you and your family. Lean on them as much as you need to for support. They are wonderful people trained to help you as well as your mom.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Cr33p3r
August 12th, 2014, 09:55 AM
I want to thank Aaron & Jessica Wermers for coming by and giving us a much needed distraction and for the wonderful Lasagna! Thanks again it was nice to talk about other things than what is going on!:thumb:

glacierpaul
August 12th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Glad you had a "good" distraction Sean! Thoughts and prayers to you and yours Sean! Aaron and Jessica....:thumb:

Cr33p3r
August 29th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Well yesterday at 3 am mom passed away peacefully in her sleep. I am just thankful I got to spend as much time with her and take care of her before she left us. I know she is in a much better place now w/o any pain or meds to worry about and she is with the rest of the family that has gone before her. Thanks everyone for your support during this time.

Tom
August 29th, 2014, 11:09 AM
My deepest condolences to you and the family.

The StRanger
August 29th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Our Condolences and Prayers are with you and your family !!

Brucker
August 29th, 2014, 12:12 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss.

Jackie
August 29th, 2014, 03:05 PM
So sorry for your loss Sean, but happy to know she had a peaceful end. Hospice workers are wonderful people. You can still lean on them for support to help you and your family get through this emotional roller-coaster. It's hard - but in my experience, they had a certain "way" of calming you and helping you to understand things better when it comes to death and dying. There are several books available on the subject, and I read one that really set me straight. I wish I could remember the exact title. I gave my copy away to a friend that lost a family member.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Hypoid
August 29th, 2014, 04:29 PM
There are several books available on the subject, and I read one that really set me straight. I wish I could remember the exact title.Was it something about a "good death"?

I am just thankful I got to spend as much time with her and take care of her before she left us. I know she is in a much better place now w/o any pain or meds to worry about and she is with the rest of the family that has gone before her. Thanks everyone for your support during this time.Peace to you, brother!

In the time since my father's passing, I have enjoyed many good memories of the things he provided for us, the things he wanted to teach us, the good heritage he provided for his children. I wish you the same!

glacierpaul
August 29th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Our condolences to you and your family Sean! I share your sentiment Sean.

Jackie
August 29th, 2014, 08:59 PM
"There are several books available on the subject, and I read one that really set me straight. I wish I could remember the exact title."

Mike - I wish I could find it again, because it not only described the death of my parents, but my sister and brother as well (especially my mother and sister). A little creepy, but very soothing at the same time. I believe there are "care-givers" that not only guide you to "heaven", but make the transition easier for you. You'd have to read the book to understand what I'm saying. I'll try again to find it. A very good read.

Funrover
August 29th, 2014, 10:10 PM
I am glad you got that time. I am so sorry to see this. Jess and I are here if you need anything. Prayers and vibes sent bud!

Chris
August 30th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Our condolences as well Sean, it's never easy but you have to take comfort in knowing she passed peacefully knowing her family loved her and will miss her.

Brad
August 30th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Our condolences Sean.

Jackie
August 31st, 2014, 01:24 AM
Sean - I think this is the book I was referring to: (you can find it on Amazon starting at about $4)

On Death and Dying - Author: Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
One of the most important psychological studies of the late twentieth century, On Death and Dying grew out of Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross's famous interdisciplinary seminar on death, life, and transition. In this remarkable book, Dr. Kubler-Ross first explored the now-famous five stages of death: denial and isolation, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Through sample interviews and conversations, she gives the reader a better understanding of how imminent death affects the patient, the professionals who serve that patient, and the patient's family, bringing hope to all who are involved.

The author has since passed away, but other books have followed apparently in her footsteps.

Some of the examples she used in her book described "almost exactly" the behavior of my mother and sister before they died. I won't get into it here. Read the book and give me a shout if you care to discuss.

Chris
August 31st, 2014, 06:56 AM
I second Jackie's recommendation, it's an interesting and fascinating book.

Shadowmaker
September 1st, 2014, 09:59 AM
Condolences and peace for your family

Java
September 2nd, 2014, 12:16 PM
Sorry to hear that Sean, glad you got to spend time at the end. Prayers sent.

Cr33p3r
September 3rd, 2014, 09:44 PM
Thank you all, I think by getting to spend that time together is what made it easier to deal with all around. Sitting with mom 24 to 28 hours every other day taking care gave me a certain aspect to her passing. Most of the family has taken it well with the exception of my youngest sister whom my parents live with. I've started getting back into the swing of things with working and fabricating stuff on the bronco.

The StRanger
September 3rd, 2014, 09:52 PM
My Dad passed suddenly and I still have things I wanted to ask him !!

Cr33p3r
September 4th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Sam thats probably what will happen with my dad, he talks about some things and closed up about a lot more.

Jackie
September 4th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Sam thats probably what will happen with my dad, he talks about some things and closed up about a lot more.

That defines my dad perfectly. There were SOOO many things I wanted to know about his experiences in WWII that he was simply not willing to tell me. Of course, I was still very young when he died so... He did share a few stories that were not pretty, (nothing bad about him - just the war aspects) so I can only imagine what experiences he was keeping private. His history is very interesting. I just want to know more.

Sean - KEEP ASKING QUESTIONS! Talk with him as much as you can. Maybe he will open-up. Ask trivial questions too. Just do everything you can to get to know everything you can about him. And don't forget to hug him!:)

Chris
September 4th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Talking can bring surprising results.

http://youtu.be/k6beMftzFJo

Patrolman
September 4th, 2014, 08:17 PM
Sean, condolences to you and your family. It is good to see you posting again and working on things. It is certainly good to stay a bit busy and take some time for yourself.

The StRanger
September 4th, 2014, 10:09 PM

Spend some time and get his story's, Caus once his is gone, there gone too..

Cr33p3r
September 5th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Spend some time and get his story's, Caus once his is gone, there gone too..

Last year he and I was typing up some of his stories but they are all his stories of leading people to accept Christ. I have heard them many times over the years, the ones I want are when he was a kid and the family history. I do know it was my great great grandfather that founded Cornell university.

Jackie
September 5th, 2014, 07:46 PM
I do know it was my great great grandfather that founded Cornell university.

How cool is that!!!?