PDA

View Full Version : GoPro Suction Cup mount, anyone?

Fatboris
August 23rd, 2014, 10:26 AM
Picked one of these up to mount on the hood and in spite of every assurance that the suction cup mount can hold up to insane speeds I can't get a straight answer on "shock" Has anyone used one of these on the hood for a run?

Java
August 23rd, 2014, 01:42 PM
mine has never come off, but I worry about it so I tether it to something- the base of a windshield wiper, one of the hood hooks on my Jeep, whatever is handy. I use a simple piece of parachute cord. I've found that I get a lot less vibration in the video if I mount it to the windshield than the hood, and it sticks very well to the glass. Also, the suction cup comes with a couple of different "arms"- shorter / less is better for avoiding vibration.

Fatboris
August 23rd, 2014, 02:03 PM
Thanks, Paul. Looking forward to getting it out for the first time tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have some good video to post.

THX1138
August 23rd, 2014, 05:28 PM
I use mine on my windshield and never had a problem. It is on there like Crazy Glue.

Txjkjpr
August 23rd, 2014, 10:32 PM
I have used mine on the jeep, snowmobile, jet ski without any issue. I would definately tether it though just in case. Also if you put a little hair spray on it it will be almost glued in place. The spray comes off with a little warm water and soap.

Mr6dwg
August 25th, 2014, 10:43 AM
I was worried about putting mine on the side of my fairing on my motorcycle. I put it on the right hand side down at the bottom of the fairing, to shine on the front wheel. I have popped wheelies, driven at speeds of.....fast, and feel quite comfortable that it will not fall of.