PDA

View Full Version : TrailDamage trail maps and rating MVUM Overlays

Fatboris
September 20th, 2014, 04:24 PM
I converted the trail maps from traildamage to overlay the MVUM maps and added the ratings to the comments. My thinking was aside from using the maps for the trail you plan to do, you can access the TD info offline to do "just one more trail" I have loaded the trails into their respective Ranger District MVUM. I will continue adding Ranger Districts as I complete them. Below are screen shots of what they look like. So far I only have Boulder and Clear Creek done. My goal is to get all TD maps done. Files are attached below the pics.

For iOS, open the MVUM map. Tap the Map Features button, then tap Import. On the next screen, tap Import Data from KML. Choose to import from recently used files, from iTunes File Sharing, from Dropbox, or from the Web. Also, KML/KMZ can be imported from email. Open the email in the Mail app, tap the KML file and choose Open in PDF Maps. Upon import, placemarks are added for each location specified in the KML file. Up to 500 placemarks can be imported to a map.

Fatboris
September 20th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Please PM me if you see any errors, I can correct and reload them.

Thanks

Chris
September 20th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Sounds very cool Eric, I'll PM my e-mail. Really curious to see these!

You could probably .zip them and upload them, I think that's still allowed.

Thanks,
Chris

Tom
September 20th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Pm'd you Eric.

Fatboris
September 20th, 2014, 06:48 PM
I emailed you the files. I don't know how to .zip them but feel free to load them up.

Chris
September 20th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Very nice, thanks!

Can't upload zip files :frown:

Fatboris
September 20th, 2014, 07:04 PM
Tom offered up a sub domain on his site. Than I can just post a link in this thread and update them there. I pm'd Jim to get his thoughts on putting them here

Max
September 20th, 2014, 07:15 PM
You can host for free here: https://mega.co.nz

Also, https://www.dropbox.com is pretty popular.

Fireball
September 20th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Dropbox is good for files like that.

Jim
September 20th, 2014, 08:31 PM
I just got in from the cleanup run (loads of trash and one spot had to be cleaned up twice - once on the way in and again on the way out - sheesh).

KML had a max file size of 100,000. The max file size is now: 2,000,000 bytes (roughly two megabytes)

PM sent re size change

Tnsejed
September 21st, 2014, 07:47 AM
This is awesome! Thank you. PM sent

Fatboris
September 21st, 2014, 08:03 AM
I just got in from the cleanup run (loads of trash and one spot had to be cleaned up twice - once on the way in and again on the way out - sheesh).

KML had a max file size of 100,000. The max file size is now: 2,000,000 bytes (roughly two megabytes)

PM sent re size change

Jim, thanks for getting it done on the cleanup run, sorry I missed it, and thanks for increasing the file size, I got those 2 loaded up this AM. Starting on Larimer next.

Tom
September 21st, 2014, 08:10 AM
Tried these both on my tablet and laptop. I see the tracks and the info. Neither however contain the MVUM. Looks like one must load that separately?

Fatboris
September 21st, 2014, 08:18 AM
You have to load the appropriate MVUM, say load up the Boulder one.

1. Open the Boulder MVUM map
2. go to map features at the bottom,
3. select import,
4. then choose the Boulder .kml file

It will overlay the original MVUM