PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a trailer (appropriate truck) need some extra $$$ ?

Jackie
September 22nd, 2014, 05:18 PM
We have been doing mitigation work on our property and are now getting a few bids to have the waste hauled away. Below are a few pics of the pile that's got-to-go. If you could use some extra money and have the vehicle(s) needed to get the job done, give me a shout. I live in Evergreen and the dump is approx. 4 miles away. Depending on your means of hauling, it could take a few trips. Let me know - I'd like to give the job to someone on here that needs/wants the work. Mostly old fence posts, old lattice work, and tree debris including some logs great for a campfire! (No other garbage)!

Jim
September 22nd, 2014, 07:28 PM
Burn it and we'll bring marshmallows and hot dogs... The grass and pine needles look green (so far).

TTBGuy
September 22nd, 2014, 07:48 PM
I'm in the same boat but in Burland (Bailey). Honestly as long as you have a pair of gloves and the back/time for it... rent a U-Haul. So cheap. I have enough stuff after remodeling the house where I'm looking at roll-off dumpster, if I find a cheap avenue I'll let you know. It'll be a few weeks though.

Jackie
September 22nd, 2014, 07:53 PM
Burn it
Nope. Not gonna be responsible for starting a fire up here. Plus I've never seen any of the neighbors have a back-yard bon-fire, (and we're new here - so don't want to piss off the neighbors or scare them)! This whole neighborhood was evacuated last summer because of the Bluebell fire. We don't have a safe place to start a fire of any size anyways. We want to make that happen, but it won't happen this year.

Jackie
September 23rd, 2014, 09:39 PM
We found our guy! He's going to begin the work this Friday, for less than 1/3 of the price the first guy quoted. He also gave us a second quote for general yard maintenance which includes mowing and weed-whacking some very large spaces for a little bit more. If he turns out to be any good and honest to work with, I will post up his contact info.

Patrolman
September 24th, 2014, 06:00 PM
If you guys want to haul the stuff yourself, there is a place that recycles in Sheridan/Englewood near Santa Fe and Oxford. Land fills are expensive and not the best place to take stuff. Last time I dropped stuff off, it was $15 for an entire truckload of wood, basically as high as you can stack it, just nothing painted. They mulch it. They also take concrete and other junk at cheaper rates than any dump.

http://www.oxfordrecycling.com/

Jackie
September 30th, 2014, 02:20 PM
If he turns out to be any good and honest to work with, I will post up his contact info.

This team of two men did a great job of cleaning up the piles of yard debris and mowing/weed-whacking a very large portion of our lot. Their price was very affordable for what we needed done. They were polite, professional and prompt. We will definitely hire them again as the need arises. The company was Bright Sky Lawn and Landscape Services. I think he lives in Littleton. 720-227-2212 or 303-948-0931.

The fun part of this clean-up project was watching them get their truck stuck as they backed into the area at the bottom of our lot. There are no obstacles! It's really pretty flat. I've backed my mini van into it several times with no issue, but for some reason... (maybe it was their tires) it was a big challenge for them. Then after the truck was fully loaded, they had a real struggle to get back out on the pavement and up the hill. But I gotta say, these guys worked hard and did a great job!:thumb: