PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Nov 29th Slaughterhouse Gulch

Chris
November 29th, 2014, 04:19 PM
I don't know what happened to the other people that said they'd be there but my son and I had a good time. We got to Bradley about 8:45 and waited until 9:20 and nobody showed so we hit the trail.

Nice weather, easy trail, no photos.

teamhypoxia
November 29th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Wait, what???
I got to Bradley (https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bradley+Petroleum+Inc/@39.520575,-105.306552,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x5e20928cb15ea36e) at 8:55am MST. 6 vehicles left at 9:17am MST and ran Slaughterhouse (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=2).
Alternate universes? :confused:

Chris
November 29th, 2014, 05:54 PM
We were sitting on the road right by the entrance to Bradley gas pumps, no way we could not be seen. :confused:

teamhypoxia
November 29th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Did you check the link in my post? Is there another Bradley? This is weird. You didn't go to the Loaf n' Jug that everyone usually goes to did you?

Chris
November 29th, 2014, 08:25 PM
:oops: Loaf n' Jug is right on the corner off 285 and where we were waiting. I suppose this should teach me to pay closer attention (though I suspect it won't) :erm:

dieseldoc
November 29th, 2014, 10:13 PM
Ya Chris WTH! we hit the bradley in conifer at 9 am....we all hung out then split at 9:15ish......

Eric it was nice to meet you. am impressed with the new taco and its ability's.

Noah and June was fun to see a full size squeeze up the climb and back.

Brandon I hope you get your stuff down the hill safely. you need to put the wrench on every bolt. but nice to see you made the day....got to work on your return trip...seems the time to go home is when you bust some thing. Any how hope you get'r done early and home safe....

and for the rest of you out there we had a great day easy trail as stated. ran it in 2 wheel drive except for the few steep climbs.
lifted a wheel on the 2nd half of the climb out. thus why i locked the rear. We had along some guys from cwralrado as well.
Chris and Ben. both capable rigs and more than happy to have them along. Cris donated the screw driver that is holding the trac bar to the front axle on Brandons xj...Ben fallowed me up every line, at least tell the open diff issue showed up. once done with sloughter house we made our way up 285 headed for redcone.....dam closed! so back down and over guinela pass and up into Waldorf canyon this does have snow, 8-12" thus making the lower road a no go. we made the first half mile and turned back to the main road. this was no easy trip as well. not many tracks down so it was a fight to stay on trail as I was up front. we did make it to the base of the first ore plie but short of the new cabin up there. Big drift meant stopped and no more got for my rig so we turned around. Not uneventfull here as well. As Ben was trying to make room he ended up off trail to the wrong side of things. so out come the strap. So tug and tug up come the jeep back on the road. I guess this was a bit off camber as Ben seemed to have puckered rather well... as we all headed down hill we had to come back up the hill to find Brandon had lost the track bar....stupid bolt sheered of as we headed home....some good trail fix short loss of time and off we want down hill again. slow as it may have been the rig is off trail and should make its way home soon.

xaza
November 30th, 2014, 05:56 AM
Bummer Chris, if I would have went we would have met up....doooh! Glad you guys were able to get Brandon back down the hill safely, good job with the trail fix. Good reminder that a loose bolt can become a much more difficult repair if left unattended. Good chance the hole is ovalled out now. If it is, track bar can be upgraded to one that reams out the hole.
:pics:

dieseldoc
November 30th, 2014, 08:07 AM
My old computer won't talk to my Samsung phone.......so pics is not an easy thing for me.....
I didon't get a few from the climb out.....

teamhypoxia
November 30th, 2014, 08:12 AM
:oops: Loaf n' Jug is right on the corner off 285 and where we were waiting. I suppose this should teach me to pay closer attention (though I suspect it won't) :erm:

Bummer Chris. I was looking forward to going wheeling with you again.

Chris
November 30th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Me too, sorry I missed seeing everyone. I was hoping my son would be able to meet some folks as well but there's always next time.

I am a bit surprised we didn't bump in to each other. We left Loaf & Jug at 9:20 so we were about 5 minutes apart but I guess 2 travel a lot faster than 7.

I'll try to pay better attention next time. :redface:

dieseldoc
November 30th, 2014, 06:32 PM
With travel time from the Bradley you were more like 30 minutes ahead of us.
so no surprise we didn't see you all.
Hope to meet you next time.

Chris
November 30th, 2014, 07:07 PM
With travel time from the Bradley you were more like 30 minutes ahead of us.

That explains a lot, thanks Brandon.

MultiScuf
November 30th, 2014, 10:16 PM
I pretty sure I post on here saying update and changed everything to make bradley.... Will have pictures up tomorrow

teamhypoxia
December 5th, 2014, 04:46 PM
I didn't take many pictures this time but here's the crew...
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-pchvU98pInI/VII-bub6buI/AAAAAAAAD4o/H5f7GLwCGPA/w1167-h875-no/DSC02071.JPG

And here's the bone stock chevy coming down the hill spur :thumb:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4h93yR45W18/VII_PANa3WI/AAAAAAAAD5A/BLoks4NYLDM/w656-h875-no/DSC02074.JPG