PDA

View Full Version : axels for 92 yj 4.0

JAB
December 9th, 2014, 05:46 PM
http://denver.craigslist.org/pts/4752172475.html

these have been on craigslist for a while, anybody know how difficult a swap they would be for my 92 yj 4.0 manual? and if the price is too high.

Dutch
December 9th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Unless you want to change our t-case out or go through the effort of swapping the tubes around on that front axle the passenger drop kind of kills it for you.

dieseldoc
December 9th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Unless you want to change our t-case out or go through the effort of swapping the tubes around on that front axle the passenger drop kind of kills it for you.

ya what he said! and the semi float D60 is not much of an upgrade. you get the bigg ring and piion some igger shafts. but still not full float! so you add the poundage and less ground clearance. if you realy want to upgrade axles you want a late 70' ford. the full with stuff from a F-150 or F-250. the early bronco haas slightly narrower axles. the front you are seeking the '76-77 as the tabs for the C arms can be removed. the later ones are cast in and the earlier stuff is drum brakes. the 3/4 ton stuff is far easier to use.

Dutch
December 9th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Depending on planned tire size a set of Waggy axles would do you just fine and if you want a bit stronger then a Ford HP D44 front with a matching 9" out back would do you great up to 37's.

dieseldoc
December 13th, 2014, 05:30 AM
For the money i would get the high pinion d44/9"
These are what i will use when I do my swap.

Dutch
December 13th, 2014, 08:48 AM
HP D44 and 9" combo are a pretty solid setup up to 37's. They also keep things a little lighter and with more clearance under them.