PDA

View Full Version : Who's watching KOH2015?

Brucker
February 6th, 2015, 03:20 PM
Wow, no threads about KOH this year?

Everyone losing interest? Or is everyone too busy watch the HUGE bottleneck on Jackhammer to post?

What will happen when the 4 leaders all converge on JH at the same time with all that traffic ahead of them?

Live coverage here: http://ultra4racing.com/live/

Brucker
February 6th, 2015, 03:47 PM
They are changing the course

redneck23ms
February 6th, 2015, 05:25 PM
i'm watching. hanging the course does kinda suck but i can see why they did it. jack has been a parking lot for hours. it would have really penalized the leaders and eliminated any gap between 1st and 4th+ place

Brucker
February 6th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Sounds like Slawson will be King again!

redneck23ms
February 6th, 2015, 06:36 PM
randy slawson, erik miller, levi shirley. the unofficial top 3

Brucker
February 6th, 2015, 11:42 PM
Great racing this year!

Myrtle Turtle
February 7th, 2015, 09:38 AM
I watched most of it, it seemed like they had fewer cameras this year or just fewer live ones. That front footage of the guy bumping the rig in front of him up Jackhammer was the best of the year, but 90% of what we saw there was from that one spot lower down where you couldn't even see the obstacle clearly.

Brucker
February 7th, 2015, 11:36 PM
The coverage wasn't as good as other years. Think a lot had to do with the pile up on Jack. Cameras were set in fixed locales and when the action pretty much stopped because of the issues on Jack, there just wasn't much to show.

All in all I am extremely grateful that I was able to stream it live all day at the shop. Was a nice break for the normal.

sunk
February 18th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Agreed, coverage was not as good as last year. The jackhammer thing really was horrible, I was reading on pirate that Dave Cole wanted this to happen, that he only wanted a small field to finish. I dont think he went about it the right way, pretty disappointed about the race this year.

Haku
February 18th, 2015, 08:14 PM
I was working on the day of the race so I couldn't watch it. That said, compared to previous years there is minimal video that has surfaced on Youtube of it. Its mostly the MadRam dude covering the southern style rock bouncers and some promotional coverage of race prep (and some silly videos). I did see a video of the Jackhammer stuff, which seemed pretty silly. Seems to me they need to have check points or something so that doesn't happen. It might be cool to make it more like a WRC style staged race.

The other thing that annoyed me was I know that a few guys in the everyman's race "Timed out" because of the traffic stoppages and would have finished the race had there not been a time limit (or it was longer). I wouldn't care that much, but I know one guy said he was stuck in several different traffic jams for at least 3-4 hours of combined time and had that not happened he would have finished in time.

xaza
February 19th, 2015, 05:56 PM
I don't watch it live but am disappointed with what I have found for videos since then. Hopefully the good stuff is still being edited but sounds like it was a bunch of lame traffic jams.

mattzj98
February 21st, 2015, 07:58 AM
well I recently just got back from KOH, and have a few pics and video of us, and many others!

xaza
February 21st, 2015, 08:04 AM
look forward to seeing them Matt!

mattzj98
February 21st, 2015, 08:10 AM
wish there was a better way to post.. they are fairly high resolution pics and will take days to upload unless I go through fb or picassa?

Jim
February 21st, 2015, 08:41 AM
Just post a link to public pix you have hosted somewhere - FB or Picassa or SmugMug, etc.

mattzj98
February 21st, 2015, 08:47 AM
they are still just on my laptop

Jim
February 21st, 2015, 09:27 AM
Assumption: you're on a Windows 7 / 8 machine.

https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

The above is a re-make of the popular "Image Resizer" for Windows XP PowerToys.

You can select a group of photos, right-click and resize the selected images to one of many sizes (640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, custom). It'll resize and make a new image (keeping the original untouched) or will resize the original (caution).

Uploading a smaller image would give a quicker upload time.

FWIW

mattzj98
February 21st, 2015, 11:12 AM
yup, windows 8. I might give It a shot, thanks!

Max
February 21st, 2015, 11:47 AM
https://imgur.com