PDA

View Full Version : Hackett Gulch Run 2/7/2015

ColoradoCox
February 9th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Ran the gulches on Saturday.

6 Jeeps showed up and we ran into another group with some forum members.

Trails in great shape.
Some snow.
Very little ice.

Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiv3veJC8WI

Max
February 9th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Cool video, makes me wish I was there. Do you take everyone's clips and put them together?

JAB
February 9th, 2015, 05:33 PM
Yes, the video and editing abilities of ColoradoCox are epic, this fantastic video in particular is a culmination of at least 3 different cameramen. I does however not include a particular action that day by a little YJ running 29" MT's that was most impressive on a section that challenged even the rigs with much larger diameter rubber.

dieseldoc
February 9th, 2015, 07:05 PM
We had a great time. The trail is in better shape then last trip.
Was very nice to see Greg and Josh again.
We had little trouble with most the trail.
The ledge at the bottom was a bit challenging on the way up.
The tall spot gave us all a bit of issue.....except josh I guess.
Lunch was a good time at the river.
Hot dogs over an open fire and some yummy steak, thanks Greg.

Only real damage of the day was my face........
I got a honey bee in my green tea, dam thing stung my lip!

Biggest issue of the day was Mrs. Daisy couldn't keep it going for snot!
Multiscuff has a new nick name....Miss.Daisy for his slow driving.
He should be the designated tail gunner on all runs for a bit....dam anyone got CB they can toss him!

Pics pics pics.....

ExplorerTom
February 9th, 2015, 07:10 PM
What does that message at the end of the video say?

what were the details of the flat tire?

We went on to run Longwater Gulch as well. We ran into 11 Jeeps (or 10 and maybe a Toyota?!?!) from Mile Hi Jeep Club. One of the JK Rubis was heavily built up.

After that I took County Rd 3 north from where Cedar Mtn Rd crosses it up to Hwy 67. Much more of a trail than the dirt road I was expecting. I was wishing I hadn't aired up the tires and connected my sway bar and stiffened the shocks up.

MultiScuf
February 10th, 2015, 12:15 PM
haha I know that ford looked familiar. Sup Tom

MultiScuf
February 10th, 2015, 12:18 PM
Biggest issue of the day was Mrs. Daisy couldn't keep it going for snot!
Multiscuff has a new nick name....Miss.Daisy for his slow driving.
He should be the designated tail gunner on all runs for a bit....dam anyone got CB they can toss him!
you left 20min after we did and we caught you going out of hackett I think you new name is daisy

The StRanger
February 10th, 2015, 12:32 PM
:lmao:

Rick
February 10th, 2015, 12:41 PM
:lmao: x2! I always make sure to read everything Brandon is involved in just for the entertainment value..... Glad you guys had fun

dieseldoc
February 10th, 2015, 12:44 PM
you left 20min after we did and we caught you going out of hackett I think you new name is daisy

Ya this comes from the guy that was 20 minutes late from the get go....
And a poo stop will let you catch up Daisy.
You realy got to learn to keep up....I have had to stop to wait for your slow bum 7 times on one trail run you have yet to wait for me so keep truck'n Daisy so we will catch you later....
remember we passed you at the top and we let you go by ten minutes before we all got back on the trail!

MultiScuf
February 10th, 2015, 12:56 PM
You realy got to learn to keep up....I have had to stop to wait for your slow bum 7 times on one trail run you have yet to wait for me so keep truck'n Daisy so we will catch you later....
remember we passed you at the top and we let you go by ten minutes before we all got back on the trail!
Haha I was getting pics :P #Bumpstops

xaza
February 10th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Guys that run the bigger tires sometimes forget how bumpy trails can be with smaller tires. Used to never keep up when I had 31s. I like to lolligag though and take a lot of pictures, prolly what Brandon was doing. If the group is always keeping the person behind in sight then you shouldn't be stopping and waiting, you should be meandering at the same pace and watching his lines and gear choices :D

Max
February 10th, 2015, 03:41 PM
If you lose sight of the rig behind you for a long time, you're doing it wrong.

dieseldoc
February 10th, 2015, 03:58 PM
We end up waiting on him when we are hardly moving.
I maen 2nd gear and we wait on him type deal.
We take tons of pictures trust me we stop alot!
We do need to install the CB for sure.....that is my bad for not having one yet!
So it comes to just keep up. Its also the individual responsible for staying with the lead.
If the lead is going to fast then the next stop people should speak up.
I have never been told I am to fast, so I keep the pace I have found comfortable with most.

Dan.Ark
February 10th, 2015, 04:40 PM
great to meet you guys! ran it again yesterday with a little less success... an XJ broke a fuel line on the big drop close to the bottom... oops

I look forward to our next run!

dieseldoc
February 10th, 2015, 04:44 PM
Dan nice to see you joined up. I am trying wheel north with synergyxj
Had a good time watching that JKU hit the ledge.

dieseldoc
February 10th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Everyone say Hi to Dam and his JKU

xaza
February 10th, 2015, 05:05 PM
Welcome to the group Dan, make sure and post an intro thread. A proper lead man will run at the speed of his group, if someone is falling behind you don't need to wait until next stop and hope the new guy didn't break anything trying to keep up. I rarely find myself out of 1st gear on the trail so I would have to assume you were flyin by my standards, although many disagree. My XJ gives me 2 choices right now, 1st or 3rd and 3rd is way too fast.

dieseldoc
February 10th, 2015, 05:16 PM
My Tj in 2nd is just right.
I dont wait tell next stop if I lose the guy behind me....
I find it strange that he is the one wjo gets seperated....
the others keep up just fine.
On cedar mt. rd. I was full on haul'n.....
But we were trying to make up some time....
he did fine there by the way!

No one said hey man slow down to fast.....dam

Jim
February 10th, 2015, 05:51 PM
As Max and Cliff have brought up... Trail etiquette is that each of us is responsible for the whereabouts of the PERSON BEHIND. The reason is simple: If anyone has a mechanical or personal issue where they stop, those behind them will naturally stop (them blocking the trail), but those ahead will stop as the person behind is not visible any more. "Ahead" will wait a minute or two for "behind" to catch up - but if they don't - "ahead" will backtrack until "behind" can be found. The domino-effect runs all the way to the group leader.

Just remember - you're responsible to keep track of the person behind - and if you don't - the group elects that you take the last spot...

One hint to have a cohesive travel group - put the slowest person first...

javaman34
February 10th, 2015, 06:12 PM
I personally prefer bringing up the rear. Since I have a cb installed, and as long as someone up front has me as well, it just makes it easier for me.

ExplorerTom
February 10th, 2015, 06:42 PM
In my run groups, we always put those with radios at the front and back. Hopefully one in the middle to act as a relay if need be.

trex
February 11th, 2015, 02:48 AM
It was a fun trail. 5 min in pinched a rock with my tire and... ppppssssssshhhhhhhhhh. . Changed it out and drove on... very fun trail