PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th

Chris
February 13th, 2015, 07:01 PM
So did Friday the 13th bring anyone trouble besides me?

Some sh!thead stole my $600 Garmin, the trackpad on my laptop is barely working and I had it confirmed that I have cataracts in both eyes.

All in all not a great day for me.

Chris
February 13th, 2015, 07:02 PM
< double post >

dieseldoc
February 13th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Bummer!
Sorry such a tough day.
May the thief have his croch infested by the flees of a 1000
cammels, and his arms be to short to scrach!

Jim
February 13th, 2015, 08:12 PM
CRUD!

Sorry to hear it Chris.

`have the serial number from the Garmin for a police report?

Chris
February 13th, 2015, 08:18 PM
CRUD!

Sorry to hear it Chris.

`have the serial number from the Garmin for a police report?

Somewhere I imagine, it's not on Craigslist yet. I suppose I could file but having experience with stolen stuff when our house was robbed (years ago) I know the odds of recovery is slim at best. Thanks for the idea, I may just do something along that line

Chris
February 13th, 2015, 08:19 PM
< double post >

Jim
February 13th, 2015, 09:22 PM
The double posts were from a double thread count. I merged the threads but left dupe-posts.

Jackie
February 13th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Sorry to hear Chris, but tomorrow should be a "sweetheart of a day"! Best of luck.

Brad
February 13th, 2015, 09:54 PM
Sorry Chris. I hate thieves. :mad:

Chris
February 13th, 2015, 10:04 PM
The double posts were from a double thread count. I merged the threads but left dupe-posts.

Thanks Jim, my computer isn't cooperating lately. Seems like my trackpad has a mind of its own. Grrrrr.

The StRanger
February 13th, 2015, 10:11 PM
The physical stuff can be replaced..
At what point is the cataracts ???

Chris
February 14th, 2015, 07:11 AM
Yeah, I can replace the stuff but it costs a bunch of cash.

The cataracts are a normal part of aging and I've already scheduled surgery to get them fixed. I've got two surgeries and a bunch of preliminary apps all set. Scary to have someone messing with my eyes but there's a good chance I can come away without the need for glasses for the first time in my life which is kind of exciting. I expect to still need glasses after this but my vision should be better than ever afterwards in early March.

Rick
February 14th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Sorry to hear Chris.....Thieves suck. On a positive note though,youll have good eyes again!

Chris
February 14th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Thanks Rick, it would be nice to see clearly but not having my GPS to look at will tick me off every day! :lmao:

Jim
February 14th, 2015, 10:02 AM
What's the garmin model selling for on fleabay?

I have a III or III plus you can borrow.

Chris
February 14th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Thanks Jim but apparently I almost caught the their because I found my GPS tossed in the back of the truck. :2thumbup:

I'm quite careful with it (Garmin Montana) and I keep it in my door when it's not in use so I'm guessing someone saw me coming and tossed it while slamming the door. Strange but that's all I can guess - either that or I'm blinder than I realized!

I guess my day wasn't as bad as I thought! :thumb:

Brucker
February 14th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Thanks Jim but apparently I almost caught the their because I found my GPS tossed in the back of the truck. :2thumbup:

I'm quite careful with it (Garmin Montana) and I keep it in my door when it's not in use so I'm guessing someone saw me coming and tossed it while slamming the door. Strange but that's all I can guess - either that or I'm blinder than I realized!

I guess my day wasn't as bad as I thought! :thumb:

Good to hear! Thieves/vandals suck. Hope the eyes come out better than predicted!

Jim
February 14th, 2015, 07:05 PM
Nice the GPS is in place (now if I could find my Garmin V - had to use the III+ today). It should be rolling around in my car (`hopes).

Trackpad - solved with a $10 mouse or a chassis replacement on the laptop (ebay time - I can do the swap if you wish).

Eyes - cha ching $$$$$$ good luck with them!

Chris
February 14th, 2015, 07:10 PM
Mouse? How can I use a mouse sitting on the couch? Damn, life can be hard! :lmao:

Cha ching is right, oh well you can't take it with you. It also means I get to delay hearing aids even longer. Better to see than hear! :erm:

You good with hardware? I have a MacBook Air, ever take one apart (and get it back together?)

Hypoid
February 15th, 2015, 02:15 AM
Thanks Jim but apparently I almost caught the their because I found my GPS tossed in the back of the truck.

I'm quite careful with it (Garmin Montana) and I keep it in my door when it's not in use so I'm guessing someone saw me coming and tossed it while slamming the door. Strange but that's all I can guess - either that or I'm blinder than I realized!I forget, what is the first thing to go??? :D

Good luck with the surgery!