PDA

View Full Version : 1974 AMC Gremlin 4x4

Patrolman
March 1st, 2015, 11:50 AM
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4888443509.html

94ToyBear
March 1st, 2015, 04:18 PM
How about them breaks eeh wonder how well it will stop without a booster and that itty bitty master cyl

Patrolman
March 1st, 2015, 04:45 PM
Yeah, that is how my 66 CJ6 was. 35" tires, drum brakes, and no power brakes. It was a lot of leg work.

The StRanger
March 1st, 2015, 04:49 PM
You should hear my wife in the background Screamin
No, No, No !!!

94ToyBear
March 1st, 2015, 05:19 PM
I can see if it was drums all the way around, but with disk up front it's got a be super hard to stop.

Patrolman
March 1st, 2015, 06:58 PM
You've got better eyes than me. At first look, I thought they were 4 wheel drum.

dscowell
March 1st, 2015, 07:01 PM
My question is why do this? You don't see Gremlins around too often why do this to it when you could do that to some other vehicle that is a little more common.

Hypoid
March 1st, 2015, 11:21 PM
My question is why do this? You don't see Gremlins around too often why do this to it when you could do that to some other vehicle that is a little more common.No telling what was used in this project. I remember meeting one of Pete's former neighbors, who took two WRECKED Camaros and grafted them together on a Blazer chassis. He did a nice enough job that people could not tell he salvaged one car with a trashed front unibody, and another car with a trashed rear unibody. Everyone acted like he destroyed an original car for some red-neck fantasy.

As for the brake question, write the seller and ask what master cylinder, proportioning valve, and calipers were used in this build.

P.S. Back when, one of the neighbors bought a NEW Gremlin with the bonus money he got for enlisting. I got to ride in that cool little (NEW) car, but, it was still a fookin' AMC product. It was doomed from the drawing board. :frown:

Patrolman
March 2nd, 2015, 06:24 PM
P.S. Back when, one of the neighbors bought a NEW Gremlin with the bonus money he got for enlisting. I got to ride in that cool little (NEW) car, but, it was still a fookin' AMC product. It was doomed from the drawing board. :frown:

Never been in a Gremlin. Our neighbor in the 70's had a relatively new Pacer. That was interesting to ride in.

robotzombies
March 2nd, 2015, 08:19 PM
My question is why do this? You don't see Gremlins around too often why do this to it when you could do that to some other vehicle that is a little more common.

There are a lot of people who question why we sink a ton of money and time into trucks that are just going to need more money and time. It might be a hobby, it definitely turns heads, it probably makes people smile, and it's a fun project.

Not trying to sound mean. I'm just saying that a lot of people spend a lot of money and time on things that other people might not understand.

The StRanger
March 2nd, 2015, 09:38 PM
So True !!

southpaws3
March 3rd, 2015, 07:46 AM
the other amazing thing is that has adjustable ride height, 3 air bags, I don't understand alot of things but the lil rig is cool

94ToyBear
March 3rd, 2015, 12:40 PM
No telling what was used in this project. I remember meeting one of Pete's former neighbors, who took two WRECKED Camaros and grafted them together on a Blazer chassis. He did a nice enough job that people could not tell he salvaged one car with a trashed front unibody, and another car with a trashed rear unibody. Everyone acted like he destroyed an original car for some red-neck fantasy.

As for the brake question, write the seller and ask what master cylinder, proportioning valve, and calipers were used in this build.

I hope I didn't come of as knocking the seller off on his build. It just seems to me if you spend all the time building something different and cool, might as well do an upgrade on breaks and a booster should be simple and affordable to keep the driver safe and the cool rig in once piece.

The StRanger
March 3rd, 2015, 01:29 PM
I hope I didn't come of as knocking the seller off on his build. It just seems to me if you spend all the time building something different and cool, might as well do an upgrade on breaks and a booster should be simple and affordable to keep the driver safe and the cool rig in once piece.

If its built to show its kinda cool.
If it built to crawl or trail, He will soon find its faults !