PDA

View Full Version : Press/Brake

Shane
March 8th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Does anyone have the a press or brake that can bend 1/4" plate to a 90 degree angle?

94ToyBear
March 8th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Can a Torch, BFH and a bench vice work?

Cr33p3r
March 8th, 2015, 11:11 AM
If no one does another trick is to use a grinder and run it on the inside of where you want to bend it. Grind half way in and then bend it plus weld the inside of the bend to gain the strength back.

Shane
March 8th, 2015, 01:47 PM
If no one does another trick is to use a grinder and run it on the inside of where you want to bend it. Grind half way in and then bend it plus weld the inside of the bend to gain the strength back.
that may be the route that I have to use since I do not have a torch and vise, but I do have a welder.

Hypoid
March 8th, 2015, 02:39 PM
How wide is the piece?

Shane
March 8th, 2015, 03:52 PM
I don't have the piece yet probably Wed, need to find a 1/4" plate 30" x 16" to start. Wanted to give it a nice rolled type edge in the front instead of having a weld bead. then going to tie the front plate (to replace the fiber on) into the bottom of the winch mount for a little bottom side support.

Hypoid
March 8th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Bummer, our old Iron Worker has a six-inch jaw, not wide enough.

Jim
March 8th, 2015, 06:24 PM
Contact a local welding / fabrication shop and see if they can do it? If it's an odd / courtesy job it might be a simple $20 or $50 (is it worth that much for you to get it bent vs. the method you're looking at).

94ToyBear
March 8th, 2015, 06:38 PM
I bet altitude can bend it for you for a good price and they should have the material you need on hand or even in the scrap they sell by the pound