PDA

View Full Version : Ouray County

SubAlpine
March 14th, 2015, 09:57 PM
Thought this was cool. Also saw a Ouray PD 4 door Wrangler (JKU?). Nice.

Patrolman
March 14th, 2015, 10:07 PM
My dad were wheeling with a buddy of mine about 6 years ago when there was a flash flood outside of Ouray after a heavy rain. The Sheriff was driving an XJ if I remember right. They obviously get put to good use, so yeah, a good 4wd is a must.

The best govt rig we saw was in the Maze district of Canyonlands. We were heading out well after dark and 2 female service rangers were heading in. The had gotten stuck in the brand new 4 door JK Rubicon. This was probably 5 years ago now. They had been told by "upper management" not to engage the lockers. They were in 4-low, but no lockers engaged. Managed to snap a sway bar end link before we showed up. They sure were happy to see us! A little guidance on when/how to use lockers, and they were on their way. Good thing management wasn't around!

Chris
March 14th, 2015, 11:12 PM
Have you guys seen the Moab rescue van? Pretty cool, 4WD van, lifted, winches front and rear, etc.

Patrolman
March 15th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Who owns the Moab rescue van? Is it private or owned by Moab?

Chris
March 15th, 2015, 11:14 AM
I believe it's owned by the county but I'm not 100% certain. I saw it at the tire shop when I was getting a tire fixed and it was getting serviced.