PDA

View Full Version : nevadaville to russel gulch

SubAlpine
March 27th, 2015, 04:24 PM
A bunch of maps of mine USGS quad, road atlas and Garmin gps show a section of Russel gulch road, from Russel gulch to navadaville to be open. On google maps it is listed as Bald Mountain dr to alps hill road or Roy Smith road.
But if you are at nevadaville, heading to Russel gulch, the road has some private property signs, not all that descriptive, but none the less. Does any one know if this is public?
What I am trying to do is get from Nevadaville road to Virginia Canyon road.

google map (https://www.google.com/maps/@39.7856257,-105.5377161,15z)

ExplorerTom
March 27th, 2015, 04:39 PM
Try the MVUM for that area.

xaza
March 27th, 2015, 05:04 PM
It is public road/trail through there. The private property signs are for houses, there are a lot of them up there. Bald mtn road will go right past Bald Mtn Cemetery. You can pretty much wander free around there, trails are pretty well marked as are driveways. Huge network of trails back there and easy to get lost without a MVUM map as Tom mentioned. I believe I got mine at forest service station in Idaho Springs.

Just looked at a map and realized you are trying to go other way, I have not wandered that way but was on a horseback ride through that area and there was a public rd. Satelite view of the area seems to confirm that Roy Smith Rd connects through there.

SubAlpine
March 27th, 2015, 05:37 PM
I am not seeing it on my MVUM. I think if anything it is County. Glacier Paul has to know this one...

Java
March 27th, 2015, 10:33 PM
the other way is take Nevadaville rd out to the CCP, cross over and take the beginning of Virginia Canyon road from there. It's pavement for a bit, but it works. It goes past a cool kiosk about the area too.

sdswingr
March 29th, 2015, 08:06 PM
I ended up going up Roy Smith rd the other day after parts of I believe Missouri Flats rd ended up having way too much snow on it, and it seemed to dead end at some duded house....Came off of Alps Hill rd. Wondering if I missed a turn or something? There area lot of random trails/driveways there

ExplorerTom
March 29th, 2015, 08:22 PM
Yep, that area will have lots of snow for another month or so.