PDA

View Full Version : Bronco Tailgate

javaman34
April 19th, 2015, 06:10 PM
Hey guys. Quick question. Is it possible to convert a Bronco tailgate from an electric rear window to a manual hand crank window? I'm sick and tired of trying to deal with this thing when any little electrical problem arises. Thoughts?

robotzombies
April 19th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Would it be possible just to grab the window regulators from a manual hatch and swap it all out?

Also, because I was curious, I did some research. I didn't come up with too much, but there's a possibility that the electric window regulators have a hole that allows a crank to be inserted. So you could check to see if there's one on your regulator that you could just buy a crank for and insert it in there.

Fullsizebronco.com seems to be full of jerks that tell everyone they're idiots for trying to do this, so don't go there for info.

javaman34
April 19th, 2015, 09:34 PM
Already been there. That's why I asked on here.

javaman34
April 25th, 2015, 10:48 PM
Well, I guess tomorrow is the day to try to get the window down and out so I can replace the motor. Just hope I don't break the window when the old motor comes out. Going to have it braced like crazy to keep it from falling.

CS79bronco
April 27th, 2015, 05:19 PM
No, there is not a manual conversion. Go to FSB & search for steve83's info on tailgate window repair. It's all there, do what he says and you will not have problems again for a long time. I have a printed copy if you want to come down, I'll help you out (one last chance). I'm moving to AR last week of May if not sooner. I do have some tailgate parts, maybe not enough but some. Might not even be your motor, there's lots of other components in that circuit. I'll even unwrap the 79 & let you see what a 460 looks like in there. lol

javaman34
April 27th, 2015, 08:10 PM
I may take you up on that, but I'm not bringing steaks.

javaman34
April 27th, 2015, 08:22 PM
You know, I just saw that I've asked this same question before. Duh. I really need to check before starting a new tread.

Hypoid
April 27th, 2015, 09:52 PM
At least you are not bringing the steaks. :D

So, do you like liver and onions???

CS79bronco
April 28th, 2015, 03:28 PM
Yummmm, love liver & onions!!!! When you coming down to cook 'em Mike? We can eat while Jerry fixes his tailgate window. Actually, if he will bring chicken breasts (boneless & skinless) I will make chicken fajitas.

Chris
April 28th, 2015, 05:40 PM
Yummmm, love liver & onions!!!!

I'll join you guys for liver and onions! :thumb:

Interesting that just us "elder folks" are probably the only ones that like it. :D

javaman34
April 29th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Yummmm, love liver & onions!!!! When you coming down to cook 'em Mike? We can eat while Jerry fixes his tailgate window. Actually, if he will bring chicken breasts (boneless & skinless) I will make chicken fajitas.

While I work on the tailgate? I see how you are. Lol

CS79bronco
May 1st, 2015, 05:17 PM
You want help or not???? Plus I'm willing to cook the chicken (with my secret fajita recipe) and provide the rest of the fixin's. If Mike shows up it will be liver & onions, cottage cheese, mashed or baked potatoes, maybe Blue Bell for dessert. And, if you're very nice, you might get to watch an ASE Certified Master Mechanic install a Detroit locker in a ton axle. I may or may not open the hood of the 79 & let you see what a 460 looks like in a Bronco. And remember, timing is important, I'm planning on heading out in 3 weeks or less.

Chris
May 1st, 2015, 05:42 PM
I'm moving to AR last week of May if not sooner.

Where in AZ are you moving to Charles?

javaman34
May 1st, 2015, 07:21 PM
Where in AZ are you moving to Charles?

Chris, put on your glasses. He is going to Arkansas, not Arizona. :lmao:

The StRanger
May 1st, 2015, 10:14 PM
:lmao:

Chris
May 2nd, 2015, 11:59 AM
Chris, put on your glasses. He is going to Arkansas, not Arizona. :lmao:

:oops:

CS79bronco
May 4th, 2015, 04:26 PM
That's OK Chris. My daughter was telling a friend in California for a month or so that we were going to Arizona. The friend asked her one day how much closer we would be to CA. My daughter told her we were going the other way, still not realizing the difference. Got a good laugh out of that.
Jerry, what's it gonna be? Fajitas or liver? time's slipping away. Let's get this wrenching party/picnic figured out!! And Chris, you are invited, whatever we cook up.

Cr33p3r
May 9th, 2015, 02:43 PM
Charles where at in Arkansas? Val and I have been looking around Mountain Home. Thinking if I do resign later this year and selling the house about moving that way.

Jarold you can come by here and I can help you out if you don't make it down to Charles house. I found out about a ton of little quirks these windows have issues with.

javaman34
May 9th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Cool, let me know when is a good time to come. With the rain and soon snow, this weekend is out. Did get into some mud behind Harbor Freight on 104th today though.

Cr33p3r
May 11th, 2015, 05:36 AM
As for now I will have this coming Saturday open and not sure what my new days off will be after Sunday cause I am going to swing shift for a while.

CS79bronco
May 11th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Hey Sean, I'm going to Berryville, about 30 miles east of Springdale, 30/40 west of Harrison. That's all pretty country, love the hills & creeks. Check out the USDA Rural Development home loans if you haven't. They do a direct payment loan if your income isn't too high, 0 down. Or the local banks can do a 0 down USDA Guaranteed loan with higher income limits. It all changes from county to county so depends on where you want to go. I have family in Berryville so that's where I'm going. 8 miles from Table Rock Lake, 20 or so to Bull Shoals & Buffalo River. Lots of places to fish, should be lots of mud to dirty up the Bronco too. Probably a few places to climb rocks too.

Cr33p3r
May 13th, 2015, 04:58 AM
Wow Charles we'll be living closer there than we do here. We're looking around Flippin or Mountain Home. Thanks for the info about the loans, I didn't even think about using those.

redneck23ms
May 13th, 2015, 06:27 AM
you'll be about 4 hrs from a great offroad park. in hot springs

CS79bronco
May 20th, 2015, 05:01 PM
Yep, and I'll be closer than that to Clayton OK.

redneck23ms
May 20th, 2015, 06:12 PM
never been to clayton but i have seen lots of video and would love to go. have been to hot springs twice

Woodscaper
May 21st, 2015, 12:51 AM
So did you get the glass/motor fixed?
I'm asking because I have '96 Bronco that likes to pick and choose when the rear glass operates properly. I think my issue is a loose connection or broken wire or something. Just curious what you found to be the problem.

javaman34
May 25th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Problem not fixed yet, but I did finally fine a wiring diagram for the window. Now I can reconnect the wires and not screw something up. Only took about a month to find what I was looking for.

javaman34
May 25th, 2015, 07:14 PM
So did you get the glass/motor fixed?
I'm asking because I have '96 Bronco that likes to pick and choose when the rear glass operates properly. I think my issue is a loose connection or broken wire or something. Just curious what you found to be the problem.

Haven't found the problem yet. I did find some wires under the dash that were disconnected. Without knowing where they connect to, I didn't dare mess with it. Now I shall mess.

Cr33p3r
May 25th, 2015, 09:23 PM
I didn't know you needed a diagram, I have one on my computer.