PDA

View Full Version : WyoTech

Chris
April 26th, 2015, 09:27 PM
I've seen mentions of WyoTech here and just ran across this article, hope it doesn't impact any members.

Corinthian Colleges Inc. shut down its remaining 28 for-profit career schools, ending classes for about 16,000 students, in the biggest collapse in U.S. higher education.

All campuses will be closed effective Monday, Corinthian said in a statement Sunday. The company, which owns the Everest, Heald and WyoTech schools, said it will work with other colleges to try to place the students.

Corinthian (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-14/u-s-fines-corinthian-colleges-30-million-for-misrepresentation) collapsed last summer after the U.S. Education Department curtailed its access to federal student aid. The Santa Ana, California-based company agreed to sell half of its 107 campuses to Education Credit Management Corp. in November amid allegations that it falsified grades, attendance and job-placement rates.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-04-26/corinthian-colleges-ends-all-classes-at-last-campuses-and-closes

94ToyBear
April 26th, 2015, 10:20 PM
I went there. It don't surprise me. Was in Wyoming for 9 month and California for 3 Months.

dieseldoc
April 27th, 2015, 03:33 PM
I was there when C.C. took over.
They ruined the school.
not sure yet if the school is closing.....guess I better call and see as the deal included returns for refresh classes at no cost......
Will post update when I conect with someone.

dieseldoc
April 27th, 2015, 03:41 PM
The larramie campus want independent of C.C. in 2011.
Thus they are open and running lime normal.
This was a huge concern for me as the cost of schooling included return for refresh classes at no cost to me other than housing.

Corinthian screwed the school up for sure.
They used to be partner with UTI as well and shared the teaching tools from wyotech.....
I am glad to here they are closing and being forced out.
They didnot care about education all they wanted was to get payed.
Tbey had a get them in and flunked/expelled out so they could charge for the time but not provide.

Myrtle Turtle
April 27th, 2015, 10:38 PM
Good to hear that the Laramie campus wasn't included. We know a kid up there now and know two or three other people who've done well after going there or to UTI.