PDA

View Full Version : New Look

Chris
April 14th, 2008, 11:02 AM
I decided to create a Front Range 4x4 style for the site which I imagine you noticed. :D

The "logo" - top image is from a run some of us did on China Wall this winter.

Hope you like it. ;)

Brody
April 14th, 2008, 02:09 PM
I like it! Thanks Chris!

Chris
April 14th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Dave, specifically what colors are you referring to? I figured if I can read it, anybody can but obviously that's not the case. I can change stuff so let me know.

Maybe Brody & I can't distinguish between colors anymore. :D

Chris
April 14th, 2008, 09:30 PM
The beige/tan/mauve background/text contrast isn't all that great. Maybe I'm getting old :D

Mauve?

Mauve?

Mauve?

Isn't mauve kind of purple? Light purple? Pale purple?

Mauve?

:confused:

So the brown on brown doesn't work for you? Would it be better if it was black on the light brown? White on the dark brown?

Anyone else have an opinion?

Pathrat
April 14th, 2008, 10:10 PM
You all sound like a bunch of women deciding on paint swatches.

Kidding! The only thing that I find only slightly difficult is this part here, the white on the brown. The contrast is what people may be finding problematic. Otherwise, as a woman, I will say I like the design and the new look is aesthetically pleasing.

4Runninfun
April 14th, 2008, 10:16 PM
You all sound like a bunch of women deciding on paint swatches.

:lol: Now thats funny right there!

Pathrat
April 14th, 2008, 10:21 PM
:lol: Now thats funny right there!

thanks...next it will be color coordinating spare tire covers, or tire doilies, as my husband calls tehm.

Chris
April 14th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Kidding! The only thing that I find only slightly difficult is this part here, the white on the brown.

Where is the white on brown you're referring to?

i.e., "this part here" :confused:

Pathrat
April 14th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Where is the white on brown you're referring to?

i.e., "this part here" :confused:

what, you can't read my mind? you are married right? you should have that skill, we all think you do.

The text box where I write my replies back.

Chris
April 14th, 2008, 10:38 PM
what, you can't read my mind? you are married right? you should have that skill, we all think you do.

I am married and certainly have that skill, we've been married so long we don't even need to talk. ;)

The text box where I write my replies back.

That's news to me, the reply box is light brown with black text for me. I can see how that would be an issue.

Who else sees that?

Chris
April 15th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Interior design is everything :smokin:

Admin is about to buy a new house, he's off to a bad start, I'm just trying to help out. :lol:

It's absolutely mauve, which has no business in this decade, on my MacBook. Apple apparently has added a lot of :princess: to your design :eek:

Oh, you're a Mac guy - that explains a lot!

Me too. :D

There's no mauve though, 4 colors - black, white, light brown, dark brown.

And you should see I made some changes which should make it easier to read, some fine tuning to be done so let me know (everyone) what looks goofy and I'll see what I can do.

No more right now, have the real estate agent coming over to sign the final papers and my grand daughter to spend the morning with me. :smokin:

Chris
April 15th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Fixed the reply input, should be white with black text to everyone now.

Chris
April 15th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Bingo.

:clap:

Pathrat
April 15th, 2008, 08:47 PM
No more right now, have the real estate agent coming over to sign the final papers and my grand daughter to spend the morning with me. :smokin:

Hurry, someone call Isaac Mizrahi and find out what color this is! If it has been 20 years since mauve was hip, then it is hip again, but only in some organic recycled fiber variety.

Congratulations on the final papers!

Pathrat
April 15th, 2008, 08:48 PM
I am married and certainly have that skill, we've been married so long we don't even need to talk. ;)

Congratulations, that is a good thing to hear about anyone.

Pathrat
April 15th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Trying to put the emoticons in my posts and I don't seem to be able to. Plus, it seems like I can't get to icons you all can, like the princess. When I click on the icons below the reply box, they go up in my title. At the risk of just asking for it, am I just being stupid? What's the trick.

Chris
April 15th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Trying to put the emoticons in my posts and I don't seem to be able to. Plus, it seems like I can't get to icons you all can, like the princess. When I click on the icons below the reply box, they go up in my title. At the risk of just asking for it, am I just being stupid? What's the trick.

The ones below are supposed to go in the title, the ones on the right of the reply box are for inside the message. It sounds like you need to go in your User CP->Edit Options->Misc Options -> Switch to "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing.

Post back if that doesn't help. :thunb:

Pathrat
April 15th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Mind reading :D:smokin::clap::lol:

Good one!

mtnfj
April 20th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Just going to throw my two cents in. I really like the new look.