April 14th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I got my run assignments a few days ago.:thunb:

Thurs - Elephant Hill
Fri - Porcupine Rim
Sat - Wipe - Out Hill

What day are you running what trail?

dirty toad
April 14th, 2008, 09:42 PM
And on a side note. I am going to bring my mountain bike, so if anyone wants to get in some of that action just bring yours and we can do some early morning scouting or whatever. :thunb:

Chris
April 14th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Thurs - Elephant Hill Fri - Porcupine Rim Sat - Wipe - Out Hill

Thurs - Elephant Hill Fri - Fins and Things Sat - Chicken Corners

See you on Elephant Hill! :smokin:

We're getting there Sunday to play before the event. :thunb:

dirty toad
April 14th, 2008, 10:44 PM
We're getting there Sunday to play before the event. :thunb:

Natalie had to take on a full time job because business has been so slow, so we will be getting there Wednesday morning/afternoon. I wish things were better biz wise so that we could be there longer. I have never been to Moab so I am sure that this trip will be way too short.

Brody
April 15th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Well, LaDawn and I took stock of our fine finances and we won't be going until this on this run. We are going to try to do a Moab Fall run.

Ps

You will love Moab/Four Corners. I am dying to go wheeling there. I have camped, biked, hiked and rock climbed there since the early 70s, but never wheeled.

Chris
April 15th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I understand Arches might be closed after this year, making a point of running it while I can.

Telly
April 15th, 2008, 11:42 AM
I will be there the weekend before CM08. I am running Rusty Nail and Moab Rim. Rusty Nail looks like a big time challenge with some serious rock crawling. Moab Rim is one of my favorite runs. The first mile makes your butt pucker just a little but remaining trail is not too hard. I'm also hoping hike up to Delicate Arch and ride Slickrock Trail.

I can't wait!!

Telly
April 15th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Nay,
I've seen picutes of the obstacle you described. I will be bringing some toilet paper!

sonofbr
April 22nd, 2008, 03:49 PM
Cruise Moab?
I grew up in Moab and I'm not familiar with that.

Maybe I've been away too long. :(

I would love to go,
but I would have to tow!
And I have no hitch,
and I have no winch!

and I might not come back because its my favoritist place on earth.
sigh.

Chris
April 22nd, 2008, 05:21 PM
Cruise Moab?
I grew up in Moab and I'm not familiar with that.

Maybe I've been away too long. :(

It's like the Easter Jeep Safari only smaller (200 trucks) but only Toyotas.

Toyota Land Cruiser Association event.

:thunb:

sonofbr
April 22nd, 2008, 06:26 PM
hmmm.
Maybe I can hurry up and build up my Tacoma...:p

Chris
April 22nd, 2008, 08:27 PM
Go for it! registration filled fast but it's fun to see so many cruisers in one place. You could always run as an "outlaw." ;)

dirty toad
April 23rd, 2008, 06:25 PM
I had a minor set back today. Wrecked the Expedition, and had the airbag really jack up my left thumb and wrist. The exped has around $15k in damage, but the kids and I all walked away.

Hope the wrist heals enough so that i get to do some driving in moab.

Patrolman
April 23rd, 2008, 06:50 PM
To anyone who hasn't been, try to make it to Arches before the "event". You won't be disappointed. It will be BUSY with RV's and such but the arches are cool. After having been to all of Canyonlands and many other similar places, I wasn't "blown away" by Arches. Worth seeing, but won't be the one thing you remember from your trip! Definately mostly a paved road activity with some minimal walking.

Chris
April 23rd, 2008, 09:03 PM
Which trail is probably being closed? I'd like to run that while I can.

Chris
April 23rd, 2008, 09:05 PM
I had a minor set back today. Wrecked the Expedition, and had the airbag really jack up my left thumb and wrist. The exped has around $15k in damage, but the kids and I all walked away.

Sorry to hear about the Expedition Gunnar! Glad you and the kids are okay. :thunb:

How bad is your wrist?

solid rock
April 23rd, 2008, 09:44 PM

you and your thumbs!

you should just cut them off..........but then you would'nt be able to use the "SHOCKER" edit.....(i might have that wrong)

dirty toad
April 23rd, 2008, 09:48 PM
Sorry to hear about the Expedition Gunnar! Glad you and the kids are okay. :thunb:

How bad is your wrist?

The wrist is sore, but not nearly as bad as I thought at first. My thumb is the worst part of it. Dislocated (again) and painful burn/cut. Need to wrench on the 60 in the a.m., and can not do it :( But I have a killer wife :D and she is going to do the wrenching for me :clap: I will point and she will wrench!

I love my wife!

Chris
April 23rd, 2008, 10:52 PM
That's cool Gunnar, glad it's not worse. If you can't drive in Moab I'm sure Natalie will do fine. :cool:

dirty toad
April 24th, 2008, 03:12 PM
That's cool Gunnar, glad it's not worse. If you can't drive in Moab I'm sure Natalie will do fine. :cool:

Yes she will do fine. And that is the problem, she will do so fine that she will do all the driving too! :(

I love to drive! wwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Chris
April 25th, 2008, 02:08 PM
When are you guys heading down? I'm leaving tomorrow! :D

dirty toad
April 25th, 2008, 02:36 PM
we are leaving on Wednesday morning... real early Wednesday morning. Like 4 or 5 am.