PDA

View Full Version : death at camp

mattzj98
July 5th, 2015, 10:58 AM
Either my post didn't take last night or was deleted. If it is deleted for whatever reason, let me know so I don't re post again.

There was what's currently considered an accident at rainbow falls on friday, where a guy was shot and killed while camping with his family. It's believed to be a stray bullet from a high powered rifle. Both douglas and teller county sheriff's are investigating the incident. If you were in the area and saw or heard anything contact the sheriff's departments with any info, or discuss here/PM.
Thanks.

Jim
July 5th, 2015, 12:03 PM
If it is deleted for whatever reason, let me know so I don't re post again.

I didn't delete it (and never saw it).

Feel free to post as you see fit.

Either General or Chat or even Members Only would seem most likely forums.

Chris
July 5th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Heard that on the news Matt, it's a sad day when someone gets shot by a stray bullet. I'll never understand why people shoot w/o a clue where they are shooting.

Brian
July 5th, 2015, 04:06 PM
Was camping just south of there and heard/saw the emergency responders headed north. Didn't know what for at the time though. Sad news.

Mark
July 5th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Crazy stuff!!made me think of a couple weeks ago on a run and guys shooting with us out there picking up trash which was mostly spent shells.,wow scary stuff

Brad
July 5th, 2015, 04:48 PM
Sad. We we're on grand Mesa last weekend and the people next to us were shooting. i always worry when I am camping.

JFjeld
July 6th, 2015, 08:57 AM
Is that by Black Forest? Right now on the news there is a hostage situation in Black Forest that has the area closed. Wondering if these are related; but I don't know my geography in that direction.

Brian
July 6th, 2015, 02:56 PM
Black Forest is just north of Colorado Springs. The campground is a few miles north of Woodland park. Woodland Park is about 30-35 miles west of Colorado Springs.