PDA

View Full Version : 255-85 Trxus MT's ROCK!!!!!

4Runninfun
April 17th, 2008, 02:57 AM
Well i have finally been able to gather everything together, and i put my 255's on this evening. I took a quick trip around the block in the snow and mud and muck and they exceeded my expectations! Night and day difference over my old MT/R's. Here's a couple teaser pics until i can get some pics in the light tomorrow...

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/4runninfun/4runner/stack.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/4runninfun/4runner/255baby.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/4runninfun/4runner/wheelNtire.jpg

Brody
April 17th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Sweet! Looking forward to seeing how they perform on the trail. I have heard nothing but good stuff about these tires!

4Runninfun
April 17th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Here are a couple shots from today. So far i couldn't be happier. i love the look and stance i have now. I need to trim down the TJ coils a bit but things are looking good!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/4runninfun/4runner/side2.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/4runninfun/4runner/frontshot.jpg

4Runninfun
April 17th, 2008, 02:32 PM
I'm definitely glad i had talked to you about them. I'm not too worried about the softer compound my truck is so light. i went with them because they looked like a cross between an MT and an AT the tread is just open enough without being ridiculous. I took a quick drive down the highway from the monument exit to baptist and was very impressed at the noise level, not silent but well within tolerable limits. Thinking about hitting up Mt. Herman today or tomorrow so i can hit some deep snow!:D

Chris
April 17th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Look great Jon! :thunb:

gragravar
April 17th, 2008, 03:11 PM
I run those (but 235-85's) on my range rover. they are great.

Denvertaco
April 17th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Slick setup!

Jimmy
April 17th, 2008, 04:14 PM
I was curious to know if you've had BFG MTs before and how the noise compares to the Trxus' on the highway.

4Runninfun
April 17th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I haven't had the BF MT's so i can't compare side by side. I did run the AT's and i liked those a lot they just didn't have enough traction for me, once again due to my truck has no weight to push anything down.

Funrover
April 17th, 2008, 11:06 PM
WOW!!! Your truck looks entirely different! AWSOME!!

Pathrat
April 17th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Great info, thanks! I am likely going to get a set of ATs for winter. I have the same problem with my Firestone MTs. The compound is touted as being new and improved on snow and ice, and the tire was best rated by the opinion polls on TireRack, but I don't find it sticky enough on Colorado slick, i.e. .3 inches of snow with some ice thrown in. I was entering the 1-70 on ramp from Broadway (slowly) and thought I was going to tail-wag right into the wall and take off a rear quarter panel. I have not suitably tested them off-road, they are new. I used to run Yokohama Geolander MTs. The combination of super-soft tread (and me learning how to drive) and the propensity for chunking rubber out of your blocks on the trail made them cost-prohibitive. It would be nice to have one set of tires as my garage space is limited and the neighbors would likely view a set of 5 33" tires on the porch as not complying with HOA rules.

Anyone else have thoughts on switch-out winter tires?

4Runninfun
April 17th, 2008, 11:49 PM
how in the world do you deal with the HOA? i honestly could not. Its my house leave me alone! As far as i'm concerned most of them are power hungry natzi's. sorry but the very notion of them really pushes my buttons!

i do have separate tires for my little car, if i didn't i would end up in a ditch every time it snowed. but with the studded tires i'll drive it in any conditions as long as the snow isn't too deep. So there are benefits of having two sets, but they do take up room, if i was you i would do either the BFG AT's or the Trxus Mt's I think both are a great all season tires with having respectable offroad performance.

4Runninfun
April 17th, 2008, 11:56 PM
What gets you is this is an Interco tire. If it was made by BFG or Toyo, it would be the standard dual purpose MT :smokin:

Very true, however when these tires finally wear out they'll prolly be making the new KM2 in the 255 size and that tire is gonna be tough to beat, everyone is praising that tire. i havn't heard one negative thing about them yet except they're slow on offering new sizes. so we shall see on that one!

Pathrat
April 17th, 2008, 11:57 PM
[quote=4Runninfun;7702] how in the world do you deal with the HOA? i honestly could not. Its my house leave me alone! As far as i'm concerned most of them are power hungry natzi's. sorry but the very notion of them really pushes my buttons!

LOL!!! I swore I would NEVER deal with HOA busybody former AV-Club hall-monitors will delusions of power, ever! But I also didn't like coming back to a dead lawn, that needed mowing and other yard and exterior maintenance crap. Done that, done it for years. It was that my kids are older and that I can take off any damn time I please without letting the house go to s**t while I was gone. I plan to go to my first HOA meeting this month and scope out the stormtroopers.

As for the tires, I will definitely keep that in mind when it comes to buying time. I just got the new MTS, and had spent a grand on the old MTs, in the space of nine months. Time to buy other good stuff and let these wear a little this summer.

4Runninfun
April 18th, 2008, 12:01 AM
LOL!!! I swore I would NEVER deal with HOA busybody former AV-Club hall-monitors will delusions of power

:lol:

Jimmy
April 18th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I do the tire switchout for summer/winter... only because they came with the Disco when I bought it. The main reason is that the ones I run in winter (Goodyear MTRs in 265/75-16) are small enough that when I slap on a set of chains, I'm not destroying the body. The summer ones are BFG MT KMs in 255/85-16 and they will rub some under flex. I haven't gone the route of taking large pieces of the body off yet with a cutoff wheel, but have had to do some tweeking to keep from destroying panels/doors. One day I'll get brave enough to cut it up some more, but not quite yet.

The one thing I do like about the MTRs over the KMs is that they are noticably quieter on the highway. Thus, why I inquired about the noise levels. Thanks Nay!