PDA

View Full Version : EY O

kornface13
August 7th, 2015, 10:15 AM
Howdy gang! I recently got myself one of these Jeep things and joined up to get in on some group rides. I picked up a '15 JKU Sport. So far I've only done 33s, added a soft top, and today I'm installing a new winch and front bumper. Looking forward to doing more so I'm a little more ready for some of the obstacles out here. I don't have any awesome pics of yet, so heres a few from the trails I have done...

Oh and I guess I should mention that my name is Tim. And I live in Colorado Springs.

http://i.imgur.com/oPXALbOl.jpg

and a little weak ass flexing on Shubarth :)
http://i.imgur.com/8waGd4ll.jpg

Jim
August 7th, 2015, 10:27 AM
:steer:

Welcome to the group!

33's & winch and call it done for quite some time. Get out and play and see what else you might (or not) want to do.

Enjoy!

kornface13
August 7th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Some rock sliders and a 2.5" lift is really the only other things I was planning in the near future. Oh and maybe some skid plates. All the rocks out here....I'd hate to bash up some stuff that could have been easily avoided. Are they many runs near the Springs area, or it is mostly North/West of Denver??

Adaa60
August 7th, 2015, 11:07 AM
Welcome to the group!
Nice Rig!

Jim
August 7th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Are they many runs near the Springs area, or it is mostly North/West of Denver??

That's simply where most of the members are.

There's no "initiation" here. Jump in and stir some thoughts for a run in your back yard.

Start a thread in "Planning" and see what hashes out. When things firm up, start a thread in "Planned" and place the run's RSVP on the "Calendar". Enjoy a nice day in the forest with like minded folks...

Forest Service MVUM's, the FunTrek's books and TrailDamage are your friends (as well as the folks here)...
http://www.traildamage.com/google_colorado.php

xaza
August 7th, 2015, 12:38 PM
welcome to the group

The StRanger
August 7th, 2015, 01:20 PM
Welcome to the dark side...
We have cookies !!!

Mr6dwg
August 7th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Welcome to Frontrange. Sign up for the Red Cone/Webster Pass run tomorrow. We could use some more representation.

kornface13
August 7th, 2015, 02:17 PM
I'd love to come out tomorrow, but without a lift I'm wondering if this might be a bad idea? Anyone thats run the trail recently, what are your thoughts on doing it without a lift?

kornface13
August 7th, 2015, 03:29 PM
Welcome to Frontrange. Sign up for the Red Cone/Webster Pass run tomorrow. We could use some more representation.

Wait a second. ON the calendar is says that was today. Tomorrow is MiddleSt.Vrain/ConeyFlats. or am i missing something...

javaman34
August 7th, 2015, 05:04 PM
Welcome to our little slice of Heaven.

dieseldoc
August 7th, 2015, 05:37 PM
come join the middle saint vrain/ conney flats run its a good time for sure.
We will be in the lot at 9am
You will enjoy this pair of trails.

Chris
August 7th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Welcome to Front Range Tim!

Brad
August 7th, 2015, 07:16 PM
Welcome!

ILuvtheMountains
August 7th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Welcome! You could do MSV/Coney for sure. If you are confident with your driving, your rig can do red cone without damage.

Shane
August 8th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Welcome

Hypoid
August 8th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Welcome, Tim!

Shadowmaker
August 8th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Welcome!

jayson44
August 10th, 2015, 01:37 PM
welcome! your idea about sliders is spot on, as is the under body armor. I've seen first hand how little of a hit some of the factory skids can take, especially the gas tank skid on the JKs.

have fun! it's definitely an addiction. :)

J.

Brucker
August 10th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Welcome

dscowell
August 13th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Howdy

Fatboris
August 14th, 2015, 08:29 AM
Welcome!

Stu
August 14th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Welcome

Mark
August 14th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Welcome!this is the place to be for great info and help.very friendly people here.

TxCowgirlInCo
August 21st, 2015, 08:52 PM
Heya Tim,

I've got friends in the Springs that go wheeling almost every weekend. I'll pester them for some trails I could pass on. In your Jeep, you should be fine doing most stuff on Trail Damage through 5/6's at the minimum. However, heads up a lot of the info on there is outdated, so ask the forum if they've run the trails recently - everyone is so helpful! Now get out and enjoy that soft top and do some playing while you've got time this season! Have fun :)